At Auterion we are on a mission to power any drone, anywhere, whilst shaping the future of drone operations at scale. We enable this by building the operating system for safe, reliable and efficient drone missions. Our comprehensive is developed on top of the most widely used open-source flight controller for drones - PX4 - and it includes the ground station as well as the cloud tools to manage and monitor the drone fleet. We take great pride in using a community-powered approach as we continue to offer trusted software and services to our customers.
As a Software Engineer for Applications, you are responsible for building customer-facing cross-platform native apps for the direct control of autonomous robot on mobile devices such as tablet and smart remote controllers. You will build responsive apps and features for which since built on top of QGroundControl, means your contributions will ultimately end up in the open source community.
In detail you will:
- Build and maintain features, improvements and software architectures that support a large native application with a mix of UI/UX and non-visible components to it.
- Develop incredible user experience to expedite complex command and controls of flying drones.
- Interact with on-board system to control and consume advanced behavior, complex missions, different type of video feeds and real time radio systems.
- Be responsible for holding the highest bar for the entire software life cycle, from strategic planning to tactical activities, to execution and implementing solutions for customers and follow the principles of Test Driven Development and always have cybersecurity in mind.
- Work with Auterion and community developers in an agile software development workflow and participate in dev calls, forums and meetings.
- Manage your day-to-day development activity with git and champion easy-to-read and easy-to-maintain git histories consisting of small, well-commented commits.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You’re customer-focused and understand that shipping impactful software involves trade offs and collaboration.
- Experience with architecture and developing complex, greenfield, mobile/native apps ideally in a lean environment
- Deep affinity for elegant and lightweight user experiences that provide a maximum impact with minimum burden
- Experience building and debugging complex systems in a team environment
- You have a positive and self-motivating attitude, high self-awareness and a desire to continually improve.
What you’ll find at Auterion:
We are a fast-growing global tech startup, with well-funded investment from the same visionary investors who have supported companies such as Airbnb, Facebook, Skype, and Spotify. Our growing client base covers prestigious and innovative partners such as GE Aviation, DIU, Impossible Aerospace and many more.