Medicine and our understanding of human health has experienced dramatic advances in the last 20 years. At the same time, health software innovation has been held back. At Commure, we are building a technology platform based on open standards that is transforming how innovators build modern health software to improve the quality of care and its efficiency of delivery.
We are seeking a talented Applications Security Engineer to join our growing Security team. This position will provide expertise in the analysis, assessment and development of code and infrastructure to ensure secure applications, systems and networks. If you enjoy analyzing applications from a security perspective, and you are skilled at discovering security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
At Commure, engineers work side by side with physicians within our company as well as our healthcare partners to design, implement, and maintain solutions that meet the concrete needs of providers. We are a welcoming and diverse team with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences. We pride ourselves on building robust, high-quality software based on open standards using a modern tech stack that includes Rust, TypeScript, and Kubernetes. If you share our commitment to improving healthcare innovation and value close partnerships between developers and doctors, come work with us!
As a Security Engineer at Commure, you will:
- Build and ship secure, enterprise-grade software
- Consult on a variety of projects, including both design and code reviews
- Design and implement security-focused libraries and tools to help our full-stack engineers build secure products
- Work with full-stack engineers to triage and resolve findings from penetration tests, internal audits, and external bug reports
- Automate security controls, data and processes to provide better metrics and operational support
- Stay current on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities and controls
- Participate in incident handling
- Help enhance our secure software development lifecycle
- Evangelize security best practices across the company
- Work with cutting-edge technologies such as Rust, TypeScript, React, and Kubernetes
- Join our collaborative Engineering, Product, and Design team and provide a valued voice as we scale our team and culture
You might be right for this role if you:
- Are inspired by our mission to improve healthcare software and reduce burnout among providers
- Can apply security first principles to solve complex technical challenges
- Possess deep domain knowledge in web application security and/or cloud infrastructure security. Experience securing Kubernetes environments is a plus!
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of threats to cloud native environments
- Security certifications desirable
- Exhibit grit, high integrity, a team mindset, and an affinity for continuous learning
- Enjoy wrangling real-world complexity into deceivingly simple solutions
- Demonstrated an ability to take initiative and accountability for achieving results
- Thrive in a collaborative, diverse environment
- Have 3+ years of experience
- This role can be based out of San Francisco, CA or Cambridge, MA