When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Job Title: Applications Scientist – Life Science Manufacturing
Reports To: Senior Manager, Life Science Manufacturing
Group/Division: Chemical Analysis Division (CAD)
The Application Scientist is responsible for supporting our commercial goals to grow our sales pipeline, build trusted advisor relationships with customers and delivering revenue growth for the Chemical Analysis Division’s Life Sciences Manufacturing Business. As the Application Scientist you will develop a geographical territory, key accounts and use your technical knowledge to develop new business opportunities within the North American territories.
This position requires a senior technical professional that can drive customer relationships through technical and product knowledge, develop high level relationships across the leading and influential pharmaceutical companies. Key skills for this role will be the ability to cross sell our solutions and develop new applications of our technologies throughout the Life Sciences Manufacturing footprint. This position requires a focused, motivated individual with the ability to influence stakeholders at multiple levels of an organization.
- Support the sales organization in both presales demonstrations and post sales customer support functions to ensure successful customer outcomes.
- Research and Author technical notes, white papers, application notes in collaboration with our marketing teams around industry relevant applications of our tools.
- Role will require maintenance and cataloging of feasibility test reports from customer demonstrations.
- Provide technical leadership to the sales and product management teams for better positioning of our technical solutions in the market.
- Engage with industry thought leaders in the development of new applications of our technology in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Provide technical consultation and support to our product development and marketing teams in support of our customer’s goals and new product developments.
- Attend and present in technical programs on our divisions products at trade shows and exhibitions.
- Maintain good working relationships with our global technical community of applications
- Collaborate with the product support and marketing teams on the development of training tools for customers, distributors. Content will include web based training modules and videos.
- Act as a conduit for VOC exercises for Product Management and Marketing
- Experience scheduling and completing customer or channel partner visits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Engineering or Biochemistry.
- Ten (10) years of work experience in spectroscopy, process mass spec or product inspection related to pharmaceutical research, sales, or product support roles. Strong preference to experience with handheld spectroscopy tools and markets.
- Five years or greater experience with molecular spectroscopy focused on Raman and NIR.
- Strong knowledge and comfort with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Effectively communicate, both orally and in writing, to management, customers, and third parties.