Reporting to the IT Director for global Core Transaction systems, this role will manage day to day finance related activities within North America and will provide guidance and direction to all global regional IT teams relating to enhancements and systems expansion within the JDE finance modules.This position will provide solution architecture, enhancement, maintenance and support of the company’s JD Edwards EnterpriseOne system as the IT owner of the Financial modules (AR, AP, GL, FA and JC). Providing hands on support for user issues, specifications for change requests, design, management and hands on development for larger projects utilizing their senior level knowledge of the JDE ERP functionality.
The ideal candidate will be a thought provoker, a creative thinker, a challenger to current practices, pushing the technology boundaries, looking at best practice and willing to take a risk. Position can be located in Alpharetta, GA,Riga Latvia or Shanghai, China.
- Working in a matrix organization, sole contributor no directreports, as the global expert for theJDEfinancialmodules, ensure the following activities are accomplished:
- North American and Corporate financesupport issues are dealt with timely and accurately
- Working with the Finance organization and the Business process excellence team (BPE) provide detailed technical specifications for end user change requests.
- Perform requirements analysis, systems analysis and design work, creating appropriate documentation for use in estimating and specifying project work.
- Deliver strong JDE functional application designs and solutions through the ability to transform user requirements to program specifications and to communicate effectively with developers and end users throughout the process.
- Maintenance, support and small enhancements, working with the BPE counterpart, provide day-to-day prioritization, guidance and solutions.
- Provide direction and guidance to other regional support teams for Finance related questions / issues, supporting level 2 and 3 issues as assigned.
- For larger scale regional or global initiatives, provide guidance through knowledge and experience to provide solutions. Convert the solutions to technical specifications, work hands on to configure and install the appropriate and approved solution. Coordinate with development where applicable.
- Provide JD Edwards solution architecture, design and configuration skills as required based on an in depth understanding of the JD Edwards application toolkit and related technologies.
- For larger scale projects develop project plans, highlighting resource requirements.
- When necessary, provide oversight and management for consultants engaged on projects.
- Effectively manage relationships with end users, BPE, senior management, and within IT in a matrixed-resource environment.
- Effectively communicate throughout the organization from end-users through senior level management. Ability to present complex concepts clearly in easily understood terms.
- Provide regular status updates to the IT Director Core Transaction Systems regarding workload, project status, priorities and issues/roadblocks needing resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 10 years hands-on experience as a Business Systems Analyst or Solution Architect for the JD Edwards EnterpriseOne application, specializing in the full suite of Financial modules: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets and Job Cost.
- Expert-level knowledge of JD Edwards applications functionality focusing on Financials and their relationship between the other core modules: Purchasing, Sales, Inventory, Manufacturing and Transportation.
- Experience in a large-scale, high availability manufacturing environment with a global user base.
- Working knowledge of JDE CNC functions, security framework, the JDE E1 technical development toolkit – E1 Pages, CAFEOne, Watch Lists, etc.
- Hands on experience in basic configuration/promotion in JDE OMW toolset.
- Ability to work within complex project team environments; adhering to project schedules, goals and governance.
- Ability to gather detailed user requirements and create functional solution designs in supporting theJD Edwards software and its interfaces to other corporate systems.
- Ability to provide impact analysis on other JDE modules for changes and improvement initiatives, convey these to and involve the necessary IT / BPE counterparts.
- Experience in a global financial environment with heavy intercompany and intracompany transaction processing across legal entities.
- Experience in currency restatement processing, balances and transactions, highly desired.
- Knowledge of OBI and Hyperion / Essbase is a plus.
- Working knowledge of JDE integration points such as “Z” file processing, EDI and banking systems
- Understanding of data integration concepts, practices and architecture.
- Ad hoc data gathering and manipulation skills using SQL or Data Access Studio (DAS).
Requisition ID 2018-8158