- Provide technical leadership to support and deliver on strategic plans to meets growth and profit targets
- Manages applications team, mentor to other application lab managers and applications personnel to optimize performance of team, defining roles and responsibilities, driving accountability
- Assigns projects and allocates technical resources to ensure timely and quality brief execution
- Actively works on projects on the bench, setting an example to the technical team
- Ensure technologist team maintains effective "proficiency" level on Firmenich projects, communication and record keeping systems
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers as needed, handles technical inquiries from internal and external customers. Serves as go to person for technical solutions
- Responsibility for the delivery of consistent and high quality applications and promotional execution from technical team including associated paperwork
- Provide ongoing support in the development of winning collections and support Innovation Pipeline
- Identify technical needs in the market and provide input to the innovation process annually
- Actively participate on technical selling team working with sales, product management and business unit to maintain pertinent relationships at strategic accounts
- Accompany account executives on sales calls as technical/application expert
- Cultivate independent customer relationships/technical networks with key strategic accounts
- Ensures laboratories and pilot plants are kept clean and maintained. Also ensures within HSE policy and that all incidences are reported according to local regulation and Firmenich policy together with HSE department.
- Bachelor's Degree in Food Technology or a related Applied Science required
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years of progressive experience in the Flavor industry with at least 1-2 years in a lead role
- Ability to travel up to approximately 25%
- Building a collaborative team environment to ensure flawless execution on project briefs to maximize opportunity to WIN!
- Strong communication, technical and organizational skills
- Progressive product development, processing, flavor /ingredient technology experience
- Effective people management, leadership, project management and time management skills
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function. Firmenich is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
At Firmenich, we create an environment in which employees are valued, motivated and encouraged to reach their full potential. We foster entrepreneurial spirit and imaginative teamwork with freedom to act within our strategic plans. We recruit and develop the best talents, rewarding them accordingly. We offer competitive pay, career growth opportunities, and an outstanding benefits program that features:
* Generous Paid Time Off!
* Quarterly Bonus Potential!
* Retirement Plans!
* 401(k) with Company Match!
* Low Cost Medical, Dental & Rx & Vision Coverage!
* Tuition Assistance for Employees and Children!
* Flexible Spending Accounts!
* Tobacco-Free Campus!
* And Many More Employee-Friendly Programs!