$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Melbourne, FL 32901
Industry: Information Technology•
Less than 5 years
Posted 58 days ago
The Applications Engineer position is responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of commercial (COTS) software solutions in support of program business processes. The position requires at least three (3) years of experience supporting COTS applications in an enterprise environment.
· Produce solution specifications and determine operational feasibility
· Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
· Develop software verification plans, quality assurance procedures, and comply with IT CCB requirements
· Document and maintain software functionality
· Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
· Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
· Deploy applications and evaluate user feedback
· Comply with project plans and industry standards
· Ensure software is updated with latest features
· Must have and maintain a Secret-level national security clearance as a condition of employment
· Minimum of three (3) years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities
· Strong analytical, solution development, and process skills
· Systems application support
· Excellent communication and organizational skills required
· Proven work experience supporting COTS software solutions in an enterprise environment
· Experience using and administering configuration management products
· Experience with monitoring and application performance solutions
· Proficiency in application management tools
· Ability to document requirements and specifications
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize commitments, and manage time effectively
· Practical experience applying NIST and federal government security requirements to software applications
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
· Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Bachelor's degree in associated discipline. Two (2) years of experience in related field may be substituted for each year of the four (4) years of college
· Working knowledge of the following products / languages:
o Microsoft SharePoint
o Web application server administration (Microsoft IIS)
o Crystal Reports / PowerBI
· Microsoft SQL Server and/or Oracle database management systems and associated languages (SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL)
· Experience in software workflow process development.
· Experience applying government security requirements to software applications.
· Experience with common cloud computing services such as IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS.
· Industry recognized certification(s) applicable to application and solution architecture and management.
· Experience in aviation and/or supply chain management fields.
Valid Through: 2019-9-16