Position Summary and Responsibilities
Provides technical expertise for the successful adoption, delivery, integration, operation and support of technology solutions for Marine Robotic customers. Conducts sales presentations, product demonstrations, installations and maintenance of company products. Assesses potential application of company products to meet customer needs and preparing detailed product specifications for the development and implementation of customer applications/solutions. May provide follow-up support to company sales staff and customer personnel by disseminating technical information on specific applications. Ensures that the product application/solution is functioning according to specifications. Understands all aspects of product, application, customer needs, customer requirements, customer wants, and third party vendor interfaces.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist Sales and Sales Management in the planning and execution of technical pre-sales and demonstration requirements for all accounts needing applications or technical pre-sales support, with a goal to define a closure plan and grow sales.
- Assume a lead role in defining technical objectives and scope, defining technical solutions, and identifying limitations of the Business Unit’s Product Line’s for all sales requiring technical assistance. Work cooperatively with Sales and Sales Management to define the presentation and capture plan.
- Liaise with 3rd party equipment providers, primarily on integration and testing activities, as required to provide integrated system solutions to shared customers.
- Assist customers to understand how our products or systems will satisfy their particular technical application/needs and support sales team in closure of these sales.
- Manage customer interaction for technical communications, both in pre- and post-sales situations, regarding the integration of Teledyne products into Customer end-products
- Recommend improved instrumentation to customers, documenting how such changes will lower costs or increase efficiency.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations that explain products or services to customers and prospective customers.
- Build and maintain a library of application notes for the Business Unit’s Product Lines; Work in cooperation with Sales and Sales Management to define Application Note needs, focus, and scope
- Provide client training as required by the Business Unit. Manage and maintain the technical content of all training materials. Assist in establishing and maintaining a periodic training schedule both in- and out-of-house and at client sites.
- Assist the Business Unit in defining new market potential consistent with the objectives of the Business Unit, and requirements to address that potential.
- Maintain customer contact with existing key clients at the technical level to assure customer satisfaction of all key clients.
- Work with Field Service and Repair on all non-standard or customer-sensitive service issues. Act as the customer liaison for the service organization when resolving all customer sensitive or non-standard repairs, or where customer satisfaction is threatened.
- Provide systems integration support and troubleshooting by diagnosing equipment problems with previously installed equipment by conducting environmental, operational, or performance tests.
- Assist Engineering as required in the qualification of field readiness of new product releases.
- Assist in the definition of technical and application scope for the Business Unit’s new product programs.
- Prepare technical reports for use by engineering, management, or sales personnel for the sale of products requiring extensive technical expertise and support for installation and use of the Product Line.
- Act as the technical customer liaison for all major programs and Custom Engineering tasks.
- Keep abreast of current and emerging technology and operational trends in marine robotics.
- Maintain all demo hardware to assure it is in good working condition and ready for field demonstration use
- Assist in pre-sales road shows or direct customer sales as directed by Sales and Sales Management.
This position has no supervisor responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree (MSpreferred) in Mechanical, Applied, Electrical, or Ocean Engineering or related technical field or Associate's Degree (or equivalent) and a minimum of seven (7) years of directly related applications engineeringexperience in a marine technology industry is required.
- At least five (5) year’s related experiencerequired. Proven experience in Marine Robotics systems operation, integration/architecture, navigation/guidance and communications.
- Proven experience in subsea hardware interfacing including mechanics, serial and Ethernet protocols, power and time synchronization.
- Understanding of acoustic positioning, inertial navigation and Doppler velocity log technologiespreferred.
- Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills
- Proven problem solving capabilities and resourcefulness
- Must be able to work independently
- Demonstrated strong project or product management.
- Exposure to installation, maintenance/repair, and troubleshooting.
- The ability to successfully complete a strategic selling course (Action Selling, Miller Hieman or equivalent.)
- Candidate must possess U.S. citizenship or be a "U.S. Person". (A U.S. Person is defined as a person who is a lawful permanent resident “Green Card holder” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1101 (a)(20) or who is a ”Protected Individual” as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).)