Soft Tech Consulting is seeking a highly motivated, self-directed individual to fill the role of an Applications Engineer - SME for an existing government client. The place of performance for this contract is in Alexandria, VA.
The Applications Engineer SME must have experience with network management and analysis tools such as Solar Winds. The SME shall have a solid working technical knowledge of software applications, protocols, and standards; hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience; knowledge of network security measures; and of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
MUST HAVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE, UPGRADEABLE TO SCI.
- Ensure the stable operation and efficient performance of various applications.
- Analyze application performance across the organization’s LANs and WANs.
- Design, develop, and integrate new technical security applications utilized on the NSM security networks to support future technical security technologies.
- Coordinate with system administrators to troubleshoot applications, their performance and maintain end user expectations.
- Develop, implement and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use and disaster recovery.
- Perform network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Administer and maintain user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- Recommend, schedule and perform system improvements, upgrades, and repairs.
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure network products and services.
- Provide application performance statistics and reports.
- Liaise with software application developers and software engineers from vendors in order to troubleshoot difficult problems and ensure application availability.
- Ensure end-to-end application communications to provide remote monitoring and accurate status from monitored technical security devices.
- Troubleshoot application communication interactions between the different applications to obtain accurate and timely status of monitored technical security systems.
- Manage the NOC to ensure 24/7/365 operation by personnel that are proficient in the use of applications in use.
- Responsible for training NOC support personnel and their proficiency with all applications in use.
- Resolve or help Watchstanders resolve more complicated technical (Tier II) issues. When required due to staffing shortages or unusually high volume of work, perform Tier I troubleshooting and other routine tasks, including server resets, pinging network nodes, administering user accounts, running & reviewing Neuralstar and iPost reports, assisting end users, etc.
- Continually evaluate current processes, identify deficiencies or areas of potential improvement, and offer possible solutions to the NOC Manager. Assist in planning and implementing positive change.
Education/Equivalent Training Required:
- A degree in the field of computer science or a related discipline is preferred.
- IT certifications are a plus.
- Three years or more of directly related experience is preferred.