The Software Product Designer role will be responsible for defining how products in the Solid Edge Portfolio should work from an end-user point of view. This position is on the Solid Edge Product Planning and Design team, part of Mainstream Engineering within Siemens.
- Use your background in general engineering and mechanical design skills to research and define requirements for functional aspects of products in the Solid Edge Portfolio.
- Work with existing and prospective customers to understand and address their needs and productivity goals.
- Work with product development teams and partners to solve complex technical issues and product improvements that can surpass competitive products in the area of design automation.
- This is an individual contributor role.
- In this role, you will need creative and analytic thinking skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, and an aptitude to relate to customers and users.
- Candidate should possess a positive and energetic attitude with the ability to simultaneously work on multiple projects and to effectively communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Qualified candidates will possess a bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a degree in technology with equivalent work experience.
- 1-5 years of relevant experience or graduating students with outstanding academics may apply.
- A working knowledge of the Windows operating system and Microsoft Office products is required.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Experience with professional Mechanical Design products such as Solid Edge, NX, SOLIDWORKS, Autodesk Inventor or PTC Creo is desirable.
- Knowledge of software life cycle methods or experience working on an Agile/Scrum team is a plus.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Requisition Number: 223035