Job Description and Requirements
Synopsys is hiring a Security IP Applications Engineer in Mountain View, CA. As a member of the Applications Engineer (AE) team in the Solutions Group at Synopsys, you will be responsible for the following:
- Technical support of customer using Synopsys Security IP (tRoot, Cryptography cores, HDCP2.x)
- Interfacing with our Design Engineering team to report on any issues related to the IP design, reliability and maintenance or defects.
- Collaborating with a variety of internal teams to make use of these libraries, including hardware, software, and embedded applications.
- Customer installation, training and on-site supporting.
- Designing and implement solutions to complex applications problems independently with little guidance.
- Authoring application-notes and/or white-papers that promote the IP's ease of use, or address specific challenges in the IP's usage
- Author technical papers and present them in peer-reviewed technical publications or conferences.
- Maintaining regular contact with external customers and internal contacts across cross-functional teams.
Required Skills and Aptitudes
- Ability to act as a technical lead and co-ordinate project activities on a day to day basis
- Ability to work in a structured AISC development environment working on specifications, coding and testing.
- Skills in cryptographic algorithm implementations and related security algorithms (e.g. hashing, symmetric ciphers (AES), public key cryptography (RSA, ECC), TLS, Root of Trust, etc.).
- Ability to work in a mixed hardware/software development team
- Be versed to in ASIC/SoC front-end design including RTL coding in Verilog, logic and clock tree synthesis, static timing analysis, equivalence checking.
- Full understanding of digital design methodologies and tools.
- Strong communication (written and verbal) and positive interpersonal skills
Desirable Skills and Aptitudes
- Bachelors and/or Master's Degree in Electrical and/or Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience
- Ideally have experienced at least one ASIC/SoC tape-out from concept to full production.
- Silicon debug and troubleshooting skills are highly desirable.
- System architecture and specification background
- Technically creative, results oriented with the ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently including customer support issues and priorities.
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with customers as well as peers.
- Adaptability to fast moving, changing environment with constant challenge.
- High degree of self-motivation and personal responsibility.