The Application Engineer works in conjunction with project management and is considered to be the primary resource responsible to support the planning, field-level implementation and successful completion of all installations. The Application Engineer acts as the in-house, inter-departmental liaison. The candidate will ensure that submittals, equipment, support, etc. are delivered to project management on schedule; they are technologically correct; and that they are properly documented and supported. Each Applications Engineer closely follows each installation assigned to them and together with the Project Manager supports each project to the point of client acceptance and turnover to Customer Support.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS
- The successful candidate will contribute to the design of the systems and solutions to be sent to the field for installation. They will be expected to interface with other departments within the organization to ensure that the systems and solutions have been properly configured, thoroughly tested and are ready for delivery and installation. They will also be expected to provide installation support during the commissioning of these systems until each project has been successfully completed and accepted by the client.
- Using information provided by Sales, Project Management and other departments, the successful candidate is able to design/engineer complex computer and network-based security solutions by integrating standard and non-standard security and IT components.
- The successful candidate will be responsible to bring a complete, value-engineered system design together with a focus towards functionality, cost, and reliability.
- In this position, the Application Engineer will review sales documentation against customer expectations and will work with Project Management to establish a plan to meet and/or exceed project goals, timelines, and milestones.
- Application Engineering will refine the design of the system/solution to be delivered and will generate drawings and documentation from system level design to individual device interconnects.
- The successful candidate is proficient in the use of CAD software. They are able to create project drawings and submittals including the layout of the electrical system within the architectural drawling, risers, typicals, etc., and will be responsible to create “as-builts” and compile project closeout documentation as required upon project completion and turn it over to Support.
- All phases of the post-sale delivery process must operate at peak efficiency. In this role, the successful candidate will be expected to help evaluate and contribute to the never ending improvement of our products and our processes utilizing knowledge, experience and feedback.
- Occasional travel may be required.
The Ideal Candidate:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
A B.S. in Computer Systems or Electrical Engineering is required. Candidate must have five years of computer and/or electronics industry experience. Expertise with networking, computer systems design, low voltagenetworks and communications. The successful candidate must be familiar with all aspects of the solutions to be delivered and must possess in-depth knowledge of security system hardware and its capability and operation including: PC’s, monitors, networks and networking equipment, CCTV hardware and cameras and other industry standard security solutions. To support the growing complexity of our systems, the candidate must be extremely competent with Information Technology. The successful candidate must be capable of designing, implementing, and troubleshooting complex, highly scalable, highly redundant LAN and WANnetwork topologies. A solid understanding of routing, switching, firewalls and VPN’s is also required. Candidate must be knowledgeable with communication protocols including: Serial, RF, Fiber Optic, Cellular, Ethernet, etc. Strong PC Skills including MS Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Outlet, etc. Experience with AutoCAD 2007 LT to produce system documentation, submittal drawings and as built drawings is a definite plus. Must possess a common sense approach towards troubleshooting problems and towards identifying their root cause. Must be highly organized and able to work in a dynamic, cutting edge, often high-pressure environment with rapidly changing priorities, but able to remain focused towards consistently delivering quality systems and solutions of varying sizes and levels of complexity.
Communicates effectively in both oral and written English technical language, both in interpreting requirements and providing reports. Should possess good customer service abilities along with refined grammar skills. The position may require a lot of interaction with other departments and field employees and outside calls are frequently fielded and must be handled in a professional manner.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. On occasion the ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form.
Job Reference: NC013118AE