Maxim Integrated is a highly successful, $2.31 billion company. With offices and manufacturing sites around the world, we design award-winning semiconductors that make the world more integrated. We also know that it’s our people who make us a great company. So, we reward bold thinking, teamwork, personal growth, and community involvement. Want to make a difference and be challenged every day? Join us at Maxim Integrated. With analog integration, the possibilities are endless.
Maxim Integrated Automotive Electronics team is seeking an Strategic Applications Engineer to support the product development team.
* Expected to become a product expert in High Speed SerDes for Automotive applications.
* Gain experience in high communication theory, Transmission line theory, Automotive EMI/BCI standards, and ASIL Safety requirements
* Lab evaluation on existing silicon to gain expert level in device operation.
* Design, layout, build, and test application boards to promote / demonstrate GMSL products
* Work with the Business Manager and Field Personnel to secure design wins. Set strategy at key accounts to displace competitors and win all open opportunities.
* Travel will be required for customer support
* Provide quick-turn product specific technical applications engineering support to our customers, field teams, definers and designers
* Provide device specific application engineering support to our customers and FAE’s. Educate, answer questions, debug issues, and solve problems for customers relating to new and existing devices and evaluation kits.
* Pre and post-sale customer support
* Write application notes, user guides, articles, design ideas, new product proposals, and evaluation kit manuscripts for internal and/or external publication
* BSEE required, MSEE preferred
* Existing experience in analog and digital design
* Strong understanding of EE fundamentals and analog electronics
* Knowledge of electronic systems architecture and design.
* Knowledge of FPGA design and simulation
* Working knowledge of PCB design and layout
* Self-motivated, with the ability to work independently as well as with cross-functional and interdepartmental teams.
* System/hardware debug experience
* Strong communication skills.
Maxim is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
* Working knowledge of automotive electronic systems, particularly ADAS and infotainment
* Working knowledge of EMI/EMC standards
* Working knowledge of cable video transmission standards
* Working knowledge of automotive safety and quality standards
* Working knowledge of high speed serial communications