The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as a front end to pre-sale of the Company’s automation solutions including the generation of quotations and meeting with customers to ensure the scope and specification of the project. This position quotes robotic welding systems, tooling and integration services.
- Evaluate technical content of potential projects and develop tooling/system concepts for processing of customer assemblies.
- Determine feasibility of customer applications (welding or other) and complete application engineering tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide process expertise and technical support to Sales, Engineering, Project Management and Integration departments.
- Accurately estimate material and labor costs required to produce the proposed equipment in a profitable manner.
- Estimate process, machinery and operator load/unload cycle times.
- Generate and review quotations for content and accuracy.
- Generate and present technical presentations to customers.
- Demonstrate understanding of the nature of the industry served and the available market.
- Exhibit a whole company perspective relative to system and solution specific opportunities.
- When necessary, travel to the customer’s site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
- Enter and maintain data in Salesforce customer relationship management platform
- Attend post-project review meetings for analyzing the performance of projects with respect to profitability and technical satisfaction.
- BS or Associates degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
- 2-4 years of experience with automation equipment and tooling.
- 1 year of experience with robotic welding (arc, laser, resistance) and/or material handling applications.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook).
- Demonstrated skills with technical writing, communication and customer relations.
- Self-motivated, able to act independently to set and manage priorities.
- Adaptability in handling changing work priorities and customer requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong math skills and the ability to handle both simple tasks and complex assignments.
- High energy level and flexibility to manage job demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Ability to travel up to 15%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee will occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.