$80K — $100K *
These individuals will work remotely, travel extensively, and need to be fluent in Distributed Antenna System (DAS) architecture, commissioning, testing and optimization
Require Education: Bachelor of Science degree in a technical field, from a recognized college or university, Master’s degree in Telecommunications a plus.
Scope of the Position:
This position is responsible for providing customer service, support, and engineering for in-building wireless voice and data systems. The successful candidate will need to provide professional on/off-site support for commissioning and troubleshooting of in-building wireless systems as well as provide remote telephone support for customers. The successful candidate will become a subject matter expert for all technical issues related to the client's Wireless Product Family.
o 3-5 years DAS experience required
o 3-5 years experience commissioning and troubleshooting Distributed Antenna Systems.
o A demonstrated ability to learn new products and/or technologies in a dynamic fast paced environment.
o Background in Wireless, Mobility, Cellular, TCP/IP Networking.
o Understanding of Cellular technologies and trends.
o Understanding of 802.11 Wi-Fi technology and trends.
o A technical understanding of networking protocols and security mechanisms, such as SNMP.
o Understanding of current carrier network architectures to deliver data/voice/video services.
o Excellent verbal communication skills
o Technical writing ability, with emphasis on effective presentation of detailed concepts.
o Ability to manage and evaluate personnel utilizing objectives.
o 100% fluent in English. Ability to speak Spanish or other languages is a plus.
o Strong interpersonal skills to support customer interface, consultative activities and work as part of a commercial team.
o Working knowledge MS Office applications, MS Project applications
• Product Development Participation:
o Validate new products compatibility with existing product sets
o Ensure product meets acceptable field practices
o Meets customer requirements
o Adheres to industry standards
• Candidate will be required to:
o Engage with Development team(s)
o Participate and Support Business team(s)
o Develop and Execute Field Trials
• Act as a liaison with Product Line Management and commercial groups to resolve systemic field issues for existing and new products
• Function as product technical expert to commercial groups
• Capture and provide Voice of Customer feedback to technical groups
• Offer cross functional support to other project teams consistent with own technical and construction management experience
• Manage relationships and communicate effectively with external and internal customers.
• Provide remote and/or on-site support to customers about the technical details of the #### Wireless product line.
• Create and/or execute acceptance test plans for new installations and upgrades.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, resolve, replicate and report software and hardware issues.
• Document troubleshooting results for root cause analysis of software and hardware issues.
• Troubleshoot RF, Fiber/Copper, IP interfaces between system and customer’s network.
• Work with project manager and project team to ensure successful project deployments.
• Interface with other engineering resources to provide in-depth technical responses to customers.
• Provide training support and on-site customer education about products.
• Coordinate with Research and Development and Product Line Management to research product capabilities, performance expectations and limitations and field applications.
• Contribute Tech Notes by providing details on the optimum strategies for effective implementation of products.
• 75% Domestic Travel
Valid through: 4/17/2021