- Maintain the network infrastructure at including all servers, firewalls, switches, and other equipment
- Upgrade network components as newer technology becomes available
- Implement new technology that benefits the employees
- Provide user support for all printer and workstation issues
- Ensure that backups of all server data are being performed daily
- Rebuild network components when necessary because of network crash or failure
- Update Cisco ASA Firewall and Switch configurations as needed
- Oversee Antivirus protection for all computers and servers in the office
- Administrate Exchange e-mail server for internal and remote connections
- Administer and maintain a disaster recovery location which includes essential file replication and remote access in the event of an emergency (E3Fort)
- Make technology recommendations of what hardware/software is needed at the server and user levels
- Manage new/existing user accounts for the internal network domain
- Oversee the patch management process for all servers and workstations
- Administer connections to the LifeSize video conferencing system, and video bridge
- Set up and support remote email access and general telephone usage on mobile devices
- Manage all IT related licensing contracts with our software vendor
- Oversee the IT Budget within the Data and Research Division budget
- Supervisory duties as assigned
- Manage IT work studies, interns, apprentices, and other reports as assigned.
- Establish and maintain protocol for ensuring network security.
- Determine and administer user access, privileges and security.
- Be the liaison between the public institutions of higher education and the Office of Information Technology. This entails monthly meetings and communicating incident reports, and collecting and providing feedback on security reports.
Hardware/software administration, implementation and development
- Order and set up new hardware as needed
- Provide leadership and advice on updating versions and patches of server software