Provides accurate technical and regulatory information to customers, Sales staff, and Engineering staff. Develops designs for specific customer needs, product enhancement, or new products as needed. Assists with the training of Lamons employees and customers on the latest products and regulations. Represents Lamons in technical and regulatory organizations of the refining/chemical industry. Supports internal and external issues with designs, equipment, etc.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet/work with customers, both internally/externally, to provide a broad range of solutions to technical and regulatory issues
- Train customers and sales staff in technical/regulatory matters at national sales meetings, regional sales meetings, and other designated places (in person/virtually)
- Coordinate root cause analysis concerning incidents involving products
- Ability to assist in customer warranty claims
- Able to assist in Quote Review Meetings, as necessary
- Serve as Engineering liaison to Purchasing, Sales, Manufacturing, and others on technical and regulatory aspects of all products
- Attend trade shows to provide direct technical interface with customers and potential customers as requested
- Coordinate content updates and distribution of technical information
- Develop new designs and products to meet customer and industry needs
- Discipline and ability to respond to multiple requests in a timely manner
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements and chemical compatibility relating to company products.
- Knowledge of manufacturing operations such as CNC machines, power presses, welders, benders, deburring, etc.
- Basic understanding of industry standards related to piping and pressure vessel specifications
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Excellent written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to coordinate multiple projects efficiently and on schedule
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of work groups
- Ability to provide technical leadership and coordinating skills while serving customers
- Display competence in technical and office software.
- Proficiency and competence in AutoCAD software.
- Problem Solving, root cause analysis.
- Required/Preferred education listed here
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing industry, and in a related position working preferably with gaskets, fasteners, piping and/or pressure vessels
- Possesses a firm understanding of Engineering concepts relating to this field of work such as solid and fluid mechanics, heat transfer, process chemistry, chemical and physical properties of materials, metallurgical properties, galvanic corrosion, failure analysis, welding, and corrosion
- Experience working with industry codes, for example API 6A, ASME B31.3, B16.5, B16.20, B16.21
- Ability to travel frequently required
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. at a time
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the industrial facility