If you want to work for a company with a passion for quality and innovation, consider Franklin Fueling Systems, the premier designer and manufacturer of the world's most complete line of petroleum equipment including Submersible Pumping Systems, Piping and Containment Systems, Service Station Hardware, Dispensing Systems, Fuel Management Systems, and Transport Systems. Your career at Franklin will be well rewarded with competitive compensation and benefits--and more. We understand a fulfilling family life is the foundation to a successful professional one. We strive to promote from within and help every employee realize their professional potential. We believe in lifetime careers that continually challenge and fulfill.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Responsible for researching, collecting, and reporting information on the ability and capacity of company products and competing equipment. Aids in the design and development of equipment and systems and the redesign of existing systems to fulfill customers' needs. Acts as a technical liaison to sales and marketing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Works with product management to understand product changes and upcoming product launches and to communicate information to the region.
- Works with customers to integrate products into their applications. Communicates returned material analysis from engineering to the customer.
- Supports sales, marketing, and technical support by providing a high degree of product and customer application guidance.
- Supports the region by resolving product issues/problems.
- Assists in product launches and gathering information for the product development process. Supports field technical service and engineering with field trials through installation and data collection.
- Works with marketing services and the regional offices to create locally tailored product brochures, website content, and other promotional material as needed. Maintains library of marketing and technical material.
- Creates and provides presentations on products, service training, and other topics as required.
- Writes reports to management on the progress of projects and other activities.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Knows and predicts physical principles, laws, their interrelationships, and their applications to understand fluid, material, and atmospheric dynamics; understands mechanical and electrical structures and processes.
- Analyzes information and evaluates results to choose the best solution and solve problems. Performs a variety of complex tasks under general supervision. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Identifies the underlying principles, reasons, facts, or information by breaking down information or data into separate parts.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Frequently makes decisions of both minor and major importance, which may affect the work operations of other employees and/or clientele to a moderate degree.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
- Uses complex and noncomplex machines and equipment.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, engineering, engineering technology, or a related field (preferred).
- Three to five years of relevant experience in engineering technology, technical product marketing, or a related field (required).
- Intermediate: Word processing/typing, presentation/PowerPoint.
- Basic: Alphanumeric data entry, spreadsheet.
REQUIRED CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS
- Engineering in Training License (Fundamentals of Engineering) (preferred).
- While performing the functions of this job, the employee is:
- Continuallyrequired to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear.
- Regularlyrequired to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionallyrequired to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The company will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and expectations.
- This position is not subjected to harmful environmental conditions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Apply at : https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1067441&d=ExternalCareerSite&r=5000390311006&rb=THELADDERS#/