Position Summary (Why this job exists, who are the customers, and what are the expectations):
Increase business by supporting representatives and customers with technical and commercial information. Answer technical questions regarding control valves, material recommendations, pneumatic systems, digital products. Answer commercial questions regarding terms of contracts, lead times, and documentation requirements. Additional responsibilities include processing RGA and FPR requests, general problem solving as it relates to valve orders, and hosting visitors by giving informative facility tours and appropriate entertainment. Travelrequired to develop business by making presentations and training. 6-8years experiencerequired. Expected to out-engineer the competition to win orders. Must provide exceptional representative support. Demonstrate exceptional skills in selling and/or technology.
· All accountabilities of a Level 3 engineer.
· Timely response to customer and representative inquiries.
· Review all valve orders for completeness and correctness. Must resolve all issues before passing order to the Contract Administrator for entry.
· Must train representatives to better understand our product, update of services, policies, to help them be more self-sufficient, competent, and profitable.
· Correctly apply applicable industry standards.
· Assist other departments whenever order questions arise.
· Synergistic work in a team environment.
· Prepare professional and persuasive quotations to win orders.
· Disseminate un-printed technical information to the representatives.
· Proper application of technical knowledge of control valves, noise, cavitation, pneumatics, materials.
· Review and approve commercial terms of contracts.
· Prepare RGA and FPR forms.
· Work with Accounting to collect delinquent invoices.
· Correctly identify and apply QA procedures to meet customer requirements.
· Major project management.
· Focus on target customers to develop a relationship and increase business.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must also occasionally lift twenty-five pounds or less. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and the ability to adjust focus.
This job occasionally requires work near moving mechanical parts.
Qualifications (List all qualifications necessary and/or advantageous)
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.