Application Engineers at PSG provide front line technical support for the organization's sales force and customers. They are product experts and understand product performance and features and provide customers guidance with selection, operation and maintenance. Application Engineers lead customer training, support the release of new products, and manage the review and execution of specification driven projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical Quotations: Assists distributors in selection, configuration and quotation of products.
- Technical Fields Support: Provides technical support and troubleshooting for distributors and end users with product installed and operated in the field.
- Training: Conducts training for internal personnel, distributors and other industry participants, such as EPCs, consultants, and end users.
- Special Projects: Review project specifications and generate detailed quotation packages. Upon receipt of an order, manage the project from order entry to shipment.
- New Product Support: Supports the definition, development and launch of new products.
- Marketing Support: Assists in marketing activities such as: creation of market literature, preparing for and supporting trade shows, industry events and Dover PSG product training and customer events.
- Customer Interaction: Ability to professionally interacting with customers on technical topics via phone and email.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized and efficient in approaching tasks
- A self-starter with ability to problem solve and anticipate and avoid issues
- Clear, concise and articulate communication skills - verbal, written and listening
- Interfaces with wide array of individuals, balances multiple tasks and maintains positive attitude and energy
- Knowledge and understanding of hydraulic theory, mechanical design and applications for pumping equipment preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree – Engineering or related field.