Cosworth is a global technology business that delivers high performance solutions for customers in motorsport and automotive products.
We work with our customers to engineer a better future where things go further and faster.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Applications Engineer to provide first class control system, calibration and data acquisition system support to our Cosworth Electronics customers in professional motorsport, as we expand our operations in North America. Major projects focus on supporting Cosworth systems track side, bespoke racing engine and vehicle systems controller integration, data acquisition and wireless data transmission for vehicle systems integration.
The successful candidate will likely be qualified to degree level in computer science preferably with motorsport experience. Willingness to relocate to the Indianapolis, IN area and extensive weekend track support and customer visit travel is a must.
A reasonable proportion of your time will be spent on- site with customers supporting, training and reviewing our clients’ needs. Must possess a commercial awareness as you will be establishing new and maintaining long-term relationships within Indycar.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES
- Qualified to degree level in a computer related discipline
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- An interest in electronics and motorsport
- Demonstrates clear sense of urgency
- Willingness to travel, sometimes at short notice
- Experience in a customer support role an advantage
- An understanding or experience with computer networks
- Familiarity with the motorsport market and customer base
- The day to day role requires the successful candidate to be comfortable and confident with the following:
- Understanding and successfully communicating, either in person or remotely, with customers at the highest levels of motorsport
- Professional demeanour for dealing with executive customers and high level engineers
- Performing data analysis and problem solving, identifying problems and solutions.
- A self-motivated and detail oriented mentality, with ability to effectively work under extreme pressure in racing environment
- Technical writing ability for customer facing documentation, such as functional or requirement specifications
- Excellent people skills for building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Ability to prioritize work appropriately
- Supporting the “Cosworth Live on Air” telemetry system for the Indycar championship
- Ability to offer a clear solution path for customers wanting to improve their vehicle performance and efficiency
- Cosworth Electronics offer a competitive salary which is wide-ranging for this position and benefits package.