Analog Devices (NASDAQ: ADI) designs and manufactures semiconductor products and solutions. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital worlds with unmatched technologies that sense, measure and connect.
The Linear Products & Technology group is seeking an experienced technical lead to join our product applications team, supporting high-performance solutions in end applications such as instrumentation, industrial automation, automotive, healthcare and communication systems.
A successful candidate will be able to architect full signal chain solutions that solve challenging problems for our customers. From sensor interface to software, these solutions can take the form of reference designs, evaluation platforms or product definitions as potential innovations are uncovered.
The Application Engineer is responsible for enabling direct design-in support across all phases of customer design cycle for products such as high-speed amplifiers, precision amplifiers, and application specific standard products (ASSPs). As part of a cross functional team, the Application Engineer supports new product development and definition, drives/creates customer facing collateral such as reference signal chains, datasheets, models, technical articles, application notes and evaluation platforms.
- Design of solution platforms (hardware and software) for application investigations and product evaluation, demonstration systems and reference designs
- Development of technical collateral including application notes, technical articles and datasheets
- Conducting technical training for field personnel and customers on product or application specific topics.
- Guiding customers through system testing, debugging, and troubleshooting.
Qualifications and Prerequisites:
- BS degree in electrical engineering with minimum 3-5 years’ industry experience
- Strong analog, linear and mixed-signal circuit fundamentals, with analysis and troubleshooting, is required
- Prior experience developing electronics for interfacing to environmental sensors (light, motion, pressure, etc) and/or motors/actuators is a plus.
- Prior experience developing either high-speed or precision analog/mixed-signal signal chain solutions is highly valued.
- Exposure to electronics measurement equipment including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, signal generators, multi-meters.
- Printed circuit board design experience and exposure to PCB design EDA tools is desirable.
- Proficiency with engineering analysis tools is beneficial, including Matlab, Spice, LabView, Solidworks, AutoCAD
- Proven ability to form creative, mutually beneficial partnerships with customers
- Proven ability to deliver impactful solutions
- Proven ability to think outside the box at innovative ways to monetize our technology
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills is a must
- Experience in Software and Algorithms would be beneficial
Business travel required about 10% on average. One month advanced notice will be given whenever possible, noting that on rare occasions last minute travel may be necessary. Attention will be given to restricting long-distance international travel.