GE Additive is seeking a self-driven and talented individual to serve as an Applications Engineer supporting customer requirements as it relates to metallic additive manufacturing. While the primary responsibilities of the Applications Engineer will be supporting customers' development efforts and technical concerns with both machine software and hardware, the candidate should also expect to have cross-over responsibilities in technical sales support, benchmark and customer training.
In addition, the Applications Engineer will:
- Support customer requirements with respect to additively manufactured metallic components
- Work within a cross-disciplinary team of individuals dedicated to meeting customer driven deadlines while providing the best possible training and support
- Provide insight into build optimization for customer projects including component re-design for use in additive manufacturing, support strategy optimization, exposure strategies, etc.
- Provide technical sales support to the sales team
- Fabricate in house benchmarks of customer supplied geometries which serve as technological demonstration articles
- Effectively communicate with Field Service Engineers, Regional Sales Directors and Managers, internal Engineering Solutions Team, and internal Materials team on customer requirements and technical issues
- Travel to customer sites throughout the US
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Services)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Technical Support, Technical Services or Engineering
- Bachelors Degree in Mechatronics from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 3 years of engineering experience in a deadline driven, customer focused environment
- Proficient in CAD (any platform), as well as Microsoft Office Suite
- Skilled in customer interactions, data presentation, and public speaking environments
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effective problem identification and solution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer . Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Locations: United States; Texas; Grapevine
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.