VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings and engineered diffusers, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
Application of 3GPP Mobile Core Network experience and know-how to swiftly resolve technical issues and remove technical barriers relating to VIAVI Solutions Wireless TeraVM product. TeraVM is used to test and validate customer network topologies, systems and devices by generating control and user plane traffic, emulating vRAN and core nodes. Statistics and key performance indicators are provided to validate the functionality and performance of RAN and Core systems under test. Primary markets are NEM’s, Service Providers and Major Enterprise and Government organisations.
- Support field sales team in advance of customer meetings, demonstrations, evaluations, trade shows, etc.
- Developing scenarios that clearly demonstrates the power of the TeraVM product offering
- Applying knowledge and experience of 3GPP Core Networking
- Installation and commissioning of new Mobile Core and RAN test systems and software
- Logging, investigation, and resolution of issues related to VIAVI Solutions Wireless test and emulation equipment
- Devising and delivering technical training across the internal and external customer base.
- Support new product and features introduction to the global technical field team
- Undertake Systems Engineering, debugging and diagnosis of issues on hardware and cloud-based platforms
- Work closely with VIAVI Solutions Wireless Engineering and Product Management teams
- Advocate for customers across a cross-functional organisation
- Help qualify feature requests and architect solutions
- Build and help maintain technical relationships and thought leadership with key customers
- Technical Degree and/or equivalent practical experience
- Strong knowledge of 4G and 5G Network topologies, components and architectures
- Must have demonstrable knowledge of common network protocols, services and applications used by mobile operators and network equipment manufacturers
- L4-L7 Application protocols, OSI Model and common routing and switching protocols
- Analytical approach to problem solving with practical and proven trouble-shooting skills
- Hands on experience in Linux operating systems
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills (external customer facing and internal)
- Ability to handle competing priorities and parallel activities
- Willingness and ability to work on own initiative to become a key member of the application engineering team
- The role is likely to involve some travel to key customer engagements – flexibility to travel is required
- Knowledge and experience with Test Automation tools such as Jenkins, Robot or similar
- Hands on experience in using Linux scripting languages (Python, Perl, tshark, etc)
- Experience in working with Virtualisation technologies such as:
- KVM, ESXI
- Private and Public Cloud - AWS, Azure, OCI, GCP
- Mobile RAN knowledge - service procedures relating to UE, RAN and Core components
- Knowledge of O-RAN technologies would be advantageous