The Opportunity | Applications Engineer, Associate
Under close supervision, identifies, assesses, and evaluates routine product/service solutions requiring a blend of technical skills within the coating technologies. May coordinate resolution of product/service issues, upgrades, and problems. Interacts with management at customer site to assess major business processes and address product/service needs.
- Assists in consolidating the Curtiss-Wright coating facilities and streamlining the process and systems
- Joint development of system concepts with appropriate members from engineering division.
- Assists key members of engineering staff in cost models and conceptual layout, in projects where technical complexity is large.
- May assist engineers and other technical staff in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical problems and working closely to customer specifications.
- Assists in training sessions, seminars, and continuing education to stay abreast of new technical developments.
- Experience in coating technologies
- PLC programming is a plus
- Chemistry background is an asset
- Excellent communication
- Willingness to travel at up to 30%
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to US export control regulations, i.e. the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or the Export Administration Regulations (EAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of U.S. regulations.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.