About this role:
The Applications Development Manager manages the planning, leading, organizing, and motivating the UPS DRIVE agileproject team to achieve a high level of performance and quality. Support the DRIVE Product Owner in managing expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications, and helping to implement an effective system of project governance. Define and manage a well-defined project management process and champion ongoing process improvement initiatives to implement best practices for AgileProject Management. Promote empowerment of the team, ensure that each team member is fully engaged in the project and making a meaningful contribution, and encourage a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team. Evaluate and monitor emerging technologies and products. Manage resources and people processes (Performance reviews, career development, training and staffing). Budget management to determine financial resources required to meet goals. Allocate funds, identify and resolve discrepancies.
Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building. Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to manage competing demands. Solid understanding of software development life cycle models as well as expert knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment. Participate in component and dataarchitecture design, technology planning for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. Responsible for the work of others, resource allocations, and decision-making affecting the success of assigned projects (i.e., results, deadlines, and budget). This position provides consultation, training, and subject matter expertise for applications’ development, maintenance, and support.
Primary Skills: Salesforce.com, JBoss Fuse and Agile Certified ScrumMaster
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft TFS for AgileProject Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Projects for Project Planning and Management
- Proficient in the establishment, evolution and support of application architectures that can be either internal or external and can be aligned with strategic business initiatives
- Proficient in Application Architecture as it relates to OLTP and OLAP principles
- Proficient in Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Proficient in enterprise data and application integration concepts, tools, techniques and best practices including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), SOAP/REST Web Services, and Extract Transform Load (ETL) using tools like JBoss Fuse, MuleSoft, SQL Server Integration Services, Informatica, DataStage or similar.
- Proficient in DBMSTechnologies which include SQL Server, DB2, Oracle
- Proficient in dataarchitecture and data modeling concepts
- Exposure to systems technologies on Operating Systems such as UNIX; Linux, NT and MVS
- Exposure to SAML, EAM and IWS for external solution integration (specifically SaaS solutions)
- Exposure to regulatory compliance (e.g. SOX) requirements with regard to application architecture and design
- Bachelor's degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent