Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys, nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels and tool steels. Carpenter’s high-performance materials and advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of innovation, Carpenter’s wrought and powder technology capabilities support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive manufacturing.
APPLICATIONS DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER – Additive Manufacturing
Remote Work Location
PRINCIPLE PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- The Applications Development Engineer for Additive Manufacturing (AM) will be tasked with understanding engineering and other technical requirements for the AM industry and connect those requirements to Carpenter’s product portfolio and value proposition. A strong candidate will assist Carpenter in identifying new applications for current products to fuel Carpenter growth, working closely with potential customers to drive product adoption.
- This position requires being an expert on AM technical and manufacturing challenges – keeping track of latest developments, buying criteria, competitive landscape, and trends in product usage to understand and address customer unmet needs.
- Work proactively with Carpenter’s customers in field-based locations to qualify Carpenter’s products with AM users, identify opportunities to improve their manufacturing processes, and provide technical solutions.
- Internally, the AM Applications Development Engineer will work closely with Carpenter’s Commercial and R&D teams to communicate product enhancement requests and feedback on performance. They will provide technical assistance and support to Carpenter’s Sales team during AM customer visits.
- This position is expected to document best practices and author technical documentation, white papers and case studies in support of sales opportunities.
- Perform all other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics or Chemistry from an accredited university or college.
- 5+ years of experience in an Engineering or Manufacturing role and 3+ years of experience in metal additive manufacturing.
- Engineering Applications Development experience in the field of additive manufacturing and metal powder part production.
- Strong program management skills and a passion about AM and related technologies.
- Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated listening skills and the ability to influence others.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously and effectively identify problems and determine solutions. Outside the box create thinker.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline focused environment.
Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life, medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other options to employees.