The individual will be part of a larger team developing the architecture of the control system, which is used to control and operate the accelerator complex encompassing ten miles of accelerator and beam transfer lines. The control system performs this task by communicating with 200,000 devices with 350,000 attributes. As a manager of a development team, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the planning, design, and deployment of the laboratory’s future accelerator control system.
- Use project management methodologies to coordinate work, define deliverables, and report progress to customers and division management.
- Prioritize and lead a team of software developers.
- Lead software requirements for the accelerator control system.
- Contribute to design and implementation of the new accelerator control system.
- Provide guidance and training to team members and project stakeholders.
- Support multiple projects, experiments, and customers.
- Manage the software development process in the context of a DOE Order 413.3B project.
- Contribute effectively within a diverse workforce and upholds Fermilab’s dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
We Are Looking For
- Minimum Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- 5+ years of programming experience is required.
- Proven knowledge of a wide variety of programming languages is desired.
- Experience programming for Linux environments is required.
- Experience managing a group of developers is required.
- Experience using project management methodologies is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing is required.
- Experience developing use cases for functional requirement's analysis is required.
- Experience developing non-functional requirements as part of a system architecture is required.
- Must be self-motivated, have good social skills and time management skills to work with diverse groups of managers, engineers, and scientists.
- Experience using UML for software engineering is desirable.
- Experience with agile software development is highly desirable.
- Experience working in a national laboratory environment is desirable.
- CAPM or PMP certification is desirable.
- Experience with DOE O413.3B project cost and management practices is desirable.