Here’s an idea. You raise your game as an Applications Developer and we’ll raise your impact by using your work to help make life better for millions of people around the globe. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is bringing technology, data and people together to help shape health care performance around the world. So bring your solid track record for innovation and accomplishment as a high level Applications Developer to an organization where the challenges are greater and every day is an opportunity to do more.
This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining UHC Community & State Facets claim systems, which are used for filing, editing, managing, auditing, and storing member, provider, claims, and employer group information.
- Develop and maintain Facets applications across all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (Agile) including Availability
- Establish, refine and integrate development and test environment tools and software as needed
- Provide technical support and consultation for Facets application and infrastructure questions
- Provide on-callsupport – 24x7
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced developers
You should know that it takes some time to adjust to the pace of this intense, high performance environment. You’ll need to navigate a variety of complex systems and teams. You’ll also need to be rigorous in your approach to formalized development processes and systems security.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experienceworking within the Software Development Life Cycle and/or Agile
- 2+ years of Java development
- 1+ year of .NET development
- 1+ year of experienceworking with Oracle (navigating server logs, etc)
- 1+ year of experience with SQL and SQL Server
- 1+ year of experience working in a Unix environment
- FACETS application development and / or support highly preferred
- Experience in a DevOps environment
- Experience working with Agile development.