Trend Micro: Securing Your Connected World
Trend Micro, the world’s largest independent security software company, strives to make the world a safer place by protecting digital information. Our solutions for consumers, businesses and governments provide layered security to protect information on mobile devices, endpoints, gateways, servers and the cloud. Trend Micro enables the smart protection of information, with innovative technology that is simple to deploy and manage, and security that fits an evolving ecosystem. Our solutions are supported by over 5000 employees in over 50 countries and powered by the world’s most advanced cloud-based global threat intelligence, the Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™.
Trend Micro is looking for candidates that are interested in the field of cyber-threat research, directly collaborating with a research team that is heavily invested in investigating cyberthreats. The Applications Developer / Research Analyst would be assisting in any on-going research efforts by contributing to the production of global cyberthreat intelligence, as well as analyze/propose and implement enhancements to systems that support critical business functions in accordance with the established procedures.
Applies developed subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in concert with team members and other relevant subject matter experts to process, analyze and remediate threats through the use of Trend Micro tools and technology.
- Assist in the development and enhancement of back-end systems that includes, but not limited to, the following tasks:
- Software maintenance that are written in either python, Java, and web-related technology
- Automation of internal processes, based out of revised software, where applicable
- Ensure that all project source materials are committed, updated and maintained in the code source control library
- Deployment of the resulting application to production, and spearhead user-acceptance testing
- Assist in the gathering and analysis of data from various research materials, utilizing open and closed sources.
- Assist in data manipulation of indicators of compromise (IOCs) and utilize various systems/methodologies for data enrichment, as well as monitoring of on-going security trends and issues.
- BSdegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relateddegree. In lieu of BS Degree:
- 1-2 years working experience in computer networking, resolving malware threats or system administration, AND
- 1-2 years working experience in strong programming and data analysis
- Good to have:
- Prior knowledge of data analytics tools (e.g., Splunk, Elastic, Tableau)
- Exposure to the malware threats, threat hunting or incident response
- Hands-on experience in performing hardware/software troubleshooting of PC and networking systems
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, including but not limited to Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.
- Strong programming background, revolving around web development and scriptinglanguages like python
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be a native English speaker.
- Possess strong understanding of technical issues within IT environments
- Ability to work unsupervised and able to research solutions