NCI: As a Database Developer Oracle ADF, you will provide services in support of the Army Product Director Acquisition, Logistics, and Technology Enterprise Systems and Services (PD ALTESS) Information Technology Services and Support (ILSS) contract. PD ALTESS provides enterprise class data center services ranging from server hosting, software design and system architecture to lifecycle management, problem solving and Enterprise Service desks for PD ALTESS hosted customers and associated users. PD ALTESS has a mission to keep systems up and running and serving customers twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week, and three hundred sixty-five days a year. PD ALTESS supports multiple missions throughout the DoD, Army and Federal workspaces. Data centers supported are expansive and integrated across multiple geographical locations, consisting of both physical and virtual architectures, supporting hundreds of programs, thousands of virtual servers, and millions of users worldwide. The missions supported are varied and complex. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, and administer existing database architectures and software. These include but are not limited to MS SQL, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Provide database operation and maintenance to include but not be limited to release management, upgrades / patches / change packages (enhancement / fixes), and problem reports.
- Monitor, maintain, and report on database performance. Perform performance tuning, troubleshooting and root cause analysis and benchmarking IAW established procedures.
- Provide database administration services to include but not limited to database creation, database maintenance, database design, database migration, and software installation.
- Create and maintain database diagrams, scripts and database administration documentation and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance of all database software.
- Database design, modeling, and tuning in support of Oracle Enterprise edition version 12.1-2, SAP, and Microsoft SQL 2012, 2014 and 2017 editions.
- Must be able to provide on-call support on-site and after-hour support on an emergency basis, 24x7x365.
- Clearance: Secret
- Education: BA 4-9
- Information Assurance Certification (required day one of contract): DoDI 8570 IAT I, one of the following or higher certification (A+ CE, CCNA-Security, CND, Network+ CE, SSCP)
- Computing environment certification: Oracle Database, SAP Certified, Microsoft SQL certified, or industry recognized SQL certification or equivalent
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl as required
- Travel by land or air transportation 10%