MacAulay-Brown, Inc. (MacB) is currently recruiting for an Applications Developer who will be responsible for the following:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements. Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs, and checks the work of other software developers on development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering, or related field; or
- 8 – 10 years of knowledge of computer programming languages and some relevant work experience.
Working knowledge in at least two (2) of the following areas:
- MS in Computer Science or related field with 6 years of related experience
- 5 years’ experience in RAD/Agile delivery methodologies
- 5 years’ experience with client/server and application system architectures and migration
Additional Technical Skills /Experience Desired:
- ITIL certification
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent project management and time-management skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to present technical information in a way that non-technical management and staff will understand
- Focus on quality and attention to detail
- Knowledge of databasesecurity procedures and protocols
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with a team
- Knowledge of standard information security policies
DOD 8570.01-M - IAT Level II
- Baseline Certification
- CompTIA Security+ (equivalent or higher security certification)
- Computing Environment
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) or
- Microsoft Certified Information Technology Professional (MCITP) or
- Cisco Certified NetworkAssociate (CCNA) .