Seeking a Applications Developer candidate who will be responsible for researching, testing, building, and coordinating the integration of new requirements to meet organizational needs. The selected candidate will also initiate action for evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools as well as assisting with the overseeing of one or more software application development teams and ensure the work is completed in accordance with constraints of the software development process being used on any particular project and deliver solutions.
- Design, troubleshoot, and implement software code for end-to-end software development
- Resolve problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
- Research, test, build, and coordinate the conversion and/or integration of new products based on user requirements
- Coordinate system installation and monitors equipment functioning to ensure operational specifications are met
- Implement recommendations for improving documentation and development process standards
- Select the prototype development process in coordination with customer and system engineering
- Recommend new technologies and research processes for complex software development projects
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
- A minimum of seven (7) years of application development experience is required
- (Note: Five (5) years of application development experience PLUS a Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline) from an accredited college or university is also acceptable)
- Knowledge of secure software development life-cycle and code versioning and maintenance
- Knowledge of software programming languages (e.g., Python, C/C++, XML, JSON)
- Knowledge in assessing and integrating commercial off the shelf (COTS) products
- Knowledge across the entire field of software technologies and engineering, including information, documentation, databases, model and architecture repositories, analysis, training, testing, data synthesis, hardware, software, standards, economic consideration of selecting techniques and processes, and interoperability
- Knowledge and familiarity to work with the installation, demonstration, test, validation and evaluation of new and existing software, tools, methods, and software measurement technologies.