Langan is an award-winning ENR Top 500 Design Firm that offers integrated engineering and environmental services for both public and private sector clients at sites located throughout the United States and abroad. Langan receives numerous recognitions for its technical expertise as well as its work environment, including Zweig Group’s Best Firms to Work For, Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award – Best Places to Work, NJ Biz Best Places to Work and Business of the Year – 50 Fastest Growing Companies, Hartford Business Journal’s Best Places to Work in CT, and Pittsburgh Business Times – Best Places to Work in Western PA. Visit our website for more information about our awards and recognitions.
Langan has an opening for an Applications Developer with 2 to 4 years of experience in our Corporate Headquarters in Parsippany, NJ. As the successful full-stack developer, you will perform a variety of duties including requirements gathering, analysis and design, writing code, debugging, documentation, maintenance and supportunder the supervision ofexperienced developers.
- Design and implement programming solutions to solve complex problems and increase efficiency of business processes through automation;
- Analyze, design, implement and modify desktop software applications and web sites to support business requirements and code reuse;
- Build software components that interact with various engineering applications such as AutoCAD, Revit and ProjectWise;
- Collaborate with employees and management to identify application development solutions, new applications or modifications to existing programs, capability to reuse existing code or integration of purchased solutions;
- Define, design, build, support and test reusable components to create complex systems;
- Perform research to explore and learn new technologies as they apply to projects;
- Provide expertise to system users including troubleshooting issues, as well as identifying and correcting inefficiencies;
- Clearly define systems work scope and recommend the most efficient and cost effective application programming solution;
- Remain abreast of technological advances in the field and be able to identify areas of use in the Firm;
- Work on multiple project timelines simultaneously;
- Communicate with the project team throughout all stages of design;
- Provide input on development solutions;
- Assist with on-going projects; and,
- Perform other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field required;
- 2 – 4 years of experience developing web and desktop applications in C++, VB.NET or C#;
- Strong object-oriented analysis and design skills required;
- Experience with SQL server, Entity Framework, source control, HTML5, MVC, WPF, WCF, Web API and JQuery required;
- A passion for problem-solving, data modeling and clean coding;
- A solid understanding of common design patterns and algorithms, including asynchronous programming and multithreading;
- Familiarity with the principles and best practices of software development;
- Strong desire to learn new technologies and APIs;
- Experience working withAutoCAD, ProjectWise and Revit is desired;
- Excellent problem solving and effective communication skills; and,
- The ability to work independently or in a small development team.
Keywords: Software developer, desktop developer, web developer, ObjectARX, Bentley
Langan offers its interns and co-ops opportunities that provide challenge and responsibility within an environment where they can grow and flourish!