Req # : 240603BR Job Summary
Leads the development of cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new, and modifying existing, software applications. Analyzes complex systems requirements, existing business processes, and information systems. Codes, tests, and debugs documents, and implements software applications. Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Coordinates with users to determine requirements that are more complex.
This position would be a part of our Big Data and Advanced Analytics team, helping Sprint build out a world class Enterprise Data Lake and Customer 360 on Hadoop, enable real time streaming analytics, and help construct our advanced analytics platforms. This position will be a key contributor to Sprint's Digital Customer Analytics and Digital Transformation.US Citizen as a requirement for this position.
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years systems development experience
- Three years coding experience
- Three years software application experience
- Hortonworks or Cloudera experience preferred
- Experience with Streaming Analytics
- Spark Streaming
Experience with Open Source Programming
- Scala/Spark, Map Reduce, Tez, PIG, R, Python, Java, C++
- Experience with Hadoop System Administration and Architecture (Ambari, Zookeeper, Ranger, SmartSense)
- Experience with HDFS, HIVE and NoSQL DB (Hbase, MongoDB)
- Experience with Visualizations on Hadoop (R Shiny, Zeppelin, iPython, Microstrategy, Tableau)
- Experience with Analytics on Hadoop (Aster, Alteryx, R, Python)
- Experience working with high volume, high velocity data
- Must have great communication skills
- Must have great presentation skills
- Must be able to work with little direction or with vague direction
- Must be a 'hacker' and have a hacker mentality
- Experience within Telco a Plus
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans.