About the Opportunity
DMI is currently seeking to hire an Applications Developer for a Federal Government customer on a contract in the Chesapeake, Virginia area.
Duties and Responbilities:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Participates in development of software user manuals.
- Object-oriented computer programming experience
- Troubleshooting and debugging code issues
- Performing unit test
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
- C# .Net Programming (Visual Studio)
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
- SQL Server Information Systems (SSIS)
Location: Chesapeake, VA
Physical Requirements: N/A
Additional Requirements: US Citizenship Required
Working at DMI
DMI is a diverse, prosperous and rewarding place to work. We provide our employees with competitive benefits, educational assistance, and career growth opportunities. Every employee is valued for their talents and contributions. We all take pride in helping our customers achieve their goals, which in turn contributes to the overall success of the company.
The company does and will take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and to treat qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status. DMI is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Veterans/Disability.