CGI is a team of business, strategy and technology professionals who bring operational experience and a value-driven methodology to help our clients make the best decision for their mission. It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership.
CGI is looking for Application and Software developers who have experience with Programming (Python, Java), quantitative analysis, generating hypotheses, defining metrics, debugging analyses to support new work in our Intel space.
Bottom line? All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create, discover what you can do at CGI.
Security Clearance: ACTIVE TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly required
as one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. At our core, we are committed to believing and investing in our workforce through:
• Skill development: helping our employees grow their foundational skills
• Finding the dream job at CGI: navigating our company with the potential for many careers by channeling an employee's strengths and career aspirations
• Diversity of people: Diversity of thought driving collective innovation
Health Insurance. Paid time off. Corporate Holidays. Sick leave. Member Stock plans. Family planning. Financial Guidance. Competitive 401K. Training and Learning. We continue to expand our benefits and programs, offering some of the best support, guidance and coverage for a diverse employee population.
With an employee population of 74,000 in hundreds of locations worldwide, We Listen, Innovate, Lead and Deliver. CGI has a corporate culture of shared responsibility while providing practical innovation to create powerful results. CGI strives to be recognized by our professionals, whom we call members, as an empowering environment in which to build a career and company we can be proud of. Our members derive their greatest satisfaction from helping our clients succeed, and are passionate about contributing to the continuous improvement of the communities in which we live and work. The digital needs of our customers and citizens are bringing about the transformation of commercial and government organizations around the world. CGI, one of the largest IT and business consulting services firms, is at the forefront of this change, serving as our clients guide on their digital journey, providing practical innovation to create powerful results.
We are searching for Application Developers to join one of our foundation business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. On this program, we are undertaking an aggressive talent and DevOps transformation which builds on the success of our IP based services where you can work with our other Senior Developers and learn as you make an immediate impact on our application systems. We look for developers who are excited to design, develop, code, test, and debug new software or provide complex enhancements to existing software. Roll up your sleeves and dig into DevOps, Lean Agile, Security, Cloud Optimization, GUI, middle tier & large complex databases. The work we do makes a difference in our client's mission and National Security. Our world-class teams' embrace Agile values and use an Agile driven software development cycle to include SCRUM and JIRA with continuous integration to design and develop software applications. We are looking for Application Developers with a genuine passion to learn, create quality solutions, and solve tough challenges.
We are looking to hire motivated Applications Developers looking to make a difference supporting the Nation and the US Intelligence Community.
You will be expected to challenge and to be challenged, to create, and to innovate. In this role, you will support development and operations projects by serving as an Application Developer supporting the customer's mission by providing full software life cycle management of numerous mission critical software applications. You will be responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining complex applications and/or databases, including web applications and user interfaces to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgment to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
• Amazon Web Services (AWS) Environment
• Large, rich client relational database warehouse system
• Large client base working on mission critical duties
• High availability, highly used application with near real-time data
Support the customer's instantiation of Momentum and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
• Software development and deployment shall encompass the development, testing, scheduling and coordinating as necessary, obtaining necessary approvals, and then deployment of all system software to customer standards
• Ensure customer configuration management practices are followed.
• Deploy any/all approved changes to the appropriate system and ensure that all customer approved changes are performing as expected and providing the desired solution.
• Engineer, develop, integrate, and support deploying solutions for specific user requirements not addressed in current baseline applications (one-off solutions), if necessary.
• Provide engineering/web development programming support for program/project requirements definition tasks, technical assessments and product evaluation, program/project verification and validation.
• Perform software development functions for supported systems/services in response to customer and infrastructure requirements.
• Engineer, develop, integrate and maintain software code as necessary to integrate COTS/developed applications information solutions to deliver requested capabilities, based on approved requirements.
• Evaluate COTS/developed applications products against legacy Lotus Notes and Domino developed applications.
• Provide recommendations to replace legacy applications with supportable web based applications.
• Support software development for prototyping of analytical tools, database management and user interfaces to databases, reports generation, business process applications, analysis software, utility applications, and custom software as required by the Sponsor.
• Support DevOps including but not limited to; Momentum DevOps Tool Kit, Jenkins, Artifactory, Github.
• Writes code user interface event driven applications, either stand-alone or those which access servers or services.
• Develops code necessary to complete the assigned project(s) in the specified time frame per departmental standards and guidelines.
• Identifies and reports problems in new and existing software.
• Recreates reported software problems to facilitate solutions to include validating the fixes for the software problems.
• Writes, modifies, and debugs software for client applications.
• Develops the critical components of the solution, including but not limited to, security, rules infrastructure, custom adapter implementation, and application interfaces.
• Uses source debuggers and visual development environments.
• Interprets business requirements and implements the necessary technology to fulfill requirements.
• Can serve as the primary technical lead for projects at the enterprise level, analyzing existing application interfaces, schemas and data needs.
• Architects and codes multi-environment system solutions utilizing various programming languages.
• Profiles, analyzes and optimizes the software he/she is responsible for implementing.
• Employs best practices for design, development, unit testing and test plan development.
• Actively participates in the documentation of software requirements, functional design, flowcharts and diagrams.
• Supports completed software throughout the Software Development Life Cycle and in production.
• Assists in the scheduling and coordinating of projects and may be involved in the design phase of a project.
• Seeks to improve personal job related knowledge and departmental process by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities, and reading professional publications.
• Typically requires bachelor's degree
• Active TS/SCI security clearance with favorable polygraph
• SQL programming experience
• Computer science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer science fundamentals in algorithm design and problem solving
• Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen
Knowledge of the US Intelligence Community and industry standards and technologies associated with software development, project engineering, systems development, systems engineering and integration, information technology, verification and validation, and information security.
• Experience writing RESTful web services
• Frameworks: Spring, Spring Security, Hibernate, JDBC, Tomcat, LotusNotes, Domino, IBM COGNOS
• Databases: Oracle, MySQL, Oracle RDS
• Hosting Platforms: AWS (specifically C2S), physical servers
• Oracle technologies (database, Tuxedo, Jolt, RDBMS, Weblogic etc)
• Cold Fusion
• SoftwareAG (WebMethods)
• AWS certification