This position is responsible for supporting the development of the architecture and testing of custom applications built by the firm, related either to the intranet sites or firm systems. This includes capturing, estimating, and prioritizing requests for enhancement to these applications. Responsibilities also include custom report development.
- Support firm wide IT strategies and initiatives.
- Improve the quality, performance or functionality of the applications and reports that meet customer and business requirements.
- Provide support for all custom built applications to include intranet sites for firm specific systems.
- Enhance system productivity for users by conducting briefings and demonstrations, assist in the development of training coursework and materials, and perform the training as needed.
- Follow technology standards and document work and procedures for new processes
- Development of new applications, modules and reports that meet the customer and business need.
- Provide quality service to customers.
- Identify technology requirements for requested new applications, reports or enhancements.
- Act as a business liaison to evaluate business and customer needs.
- Interview customers to determine functionality and requirements of a program.
- Analyze the department, applications, development, and operations involved in the application development.
- Maintain and expand knowledge base in area of expertise.
- Comply with continuing education requirements; participate in professional organizations, independent study, etc.
- Integrate new knowledge and skills into daily work and share with colleagues as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s degree in a field such as Computer Technology or related field.
- Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years prior experience with web development in a Microsoft-centric environment. Microsoft VisualStudio, VB.NET, HTML5, SQL, SQL Server or other similar database experience, Visual Basic, Application Development Methodology, Application Testing experience.
- Ability to work independently with technical competence.
- The ability to prioritize, be attentive to details, maintain confidentiality, and provide exceptional client service is required. Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, organizational, analytical, problem-solving and computer skills required.
- A sense of urgency and a commitment to timely completion of projects. Attention to detail along with a commitment to quality and confidentiality.