The Oracle Learning Cloud Apps Development Team designs and builds the Oracle Learning Cloud web application that is part of Oracle HCM Cloud Suite. Oracle Learning Cloud empowers businesses to grow and change seamlessly with an ever-evolving global business climate. The integration of traditional, formal, compliance-based learning with modern, social, informal learning helps organizations perform to their full potential.
As a member of the Oracle Learning Cloud Development Team you will have the opportunity to build web applications that support and integrate with Oracle Cloud applications. These applications will contain the latest technologies to provide the highest standard of UI design, graphical innovation and a robust user experience.
• Design, specify and implement new features to Oracle Cloud software products.
• Collaborate with cross-functional and virtual teams to build the software according to product and customer specifications.
• Adhere to a test-driven development approach, building and executing unit and regression tests, to produce high quality deliverables.
• Provide leadership and expertise in the development, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
• Clearly communicate your ideas, designs, and thoughts in written and verbal form
• Write software specifications and test plans and contribute to the team’s knowledge base.
• Coach and help junior engineers to help them develop and improve their skills
• Coordinate and integrate the team's developments into the product.
• Continuously learn new technologies and tools relevant to the current and future products.
• Take initiative, work hard, work smart
• Foster a positive and optimistic development environment
• Deliver great results.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.