About the Position
The Applications Development Specialist on the Illinois Customer Satisfaction team is primarily responsible for designing, programming, implementing and maintaining queries, reports, and related tools that provide helpful, actionable information for Ameren IL functions focused on customer satisfaction, energy efficiency, and the "voice of the customer".
Typical data sources utilized to support that work will include databases such as Teradata, ADMS, Focalpoint, the campaign management database, and CSS reporting, and survey sources such as FOCUS, Grouped Outage, Ameren Listens, and JD Power.
Key responsibilities include:
- Senior level individual contributor with subject matter expertise leveraging SQL programming, database and reporting tools to successfully mine data sources and deliver understandable, actionable and repeatable reports and data in a meaningful way to drive business decisions.
- Independently designs, programs, implements, and maintains queries and reports relating to confidential and non-confidential matters. Partners with IT in systems planning, scheduling and implementation.
- Leverages a significant understanding of database sources and tools to provide expert advice to the business on reporting and data capability. Partners with IT to support the SAS Campaign Manager tools and understands its databases, capabilities and functionality.
- Partners with business analysts and clients to determine requirements, creating report prototypes and ensuring client understanding of reporting capability and that resulting reports meet client needs. Demonstrates the ability to repeatedly successfully deliver reporting through multiple delivery mechanisms, including Microsoft Excel.
- Ensure data integrity and successful backup and restoration ability, monitor assigned systems and exercise good project management skills to ensure that changes are successfully implemented and monitored for effect. Acts as a source of direction, training and guidance for less experienced staff.
- Often has system-wide responsibility on complex projects/components. May coordinate activities of the project team and assist in monitoring project schedules and costs.
- Represent the department in meetings. Monitors and reports to management on project status and outstanding issues.
- Keep abreast of current developments in query and reporting software. Prepare studies and make recommendations regarding utilization of such software. Collaborate with IT to provide feedback when existing tools could be enhanced to yield significant performance improvements.
- Develops reports and report interfaces in a way that complies with architectural standards and established methodologies and practices.
- Maintain a high degree of integrity to safeguard company position on confidential matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering, Mathematics, or other computer related degree from an accredited college or university.
- Master’s level degreepreferred.
- Seven or more years of relevant applications development experiencerequired, including two or more years of experience leading the design and implementation of business reporting applications on multiple computing platforms or deep expertise in the platform specific for the role.
- Ten years or more of relevant experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement
- Demonstrated experience with database tools required (examples include Oracle or Teradata).
- Experience in SQL programming required, including use of TD SQL assistant or other similar SQL development tool.
- Experience with Autosys or other similar scheduling software preferred.
- Experience with Windows, Linux or UNIX platform required.
- Hands on experience with at least one reporting platform such as MS Power BI, MS SSRS, Oracle OBIEE, SAS/VA, or a related enterprise report development platform.