The Application Consultant's responsibility is to provide a high degree of team leadership through complex projects. Develop information systems as strategic tools to help businesses compete in a global environment, analyze emerging technologies and make recommendations for adaptation, implement a process-based approach to meeting organizational goals and leverage advanced knowledge and skills to succeed as an IT architect and systems manager.
Key Result Areas
- Work with project teams to ensure systems are functionally and technically sound.
- Conducts review of developer work plans and code, ensuring program changes are functionally and technically sound.
- Works closely with Business Analysts and users in developing objectives for improving systems and in identifying system solutions.
- As program problems occur in either the testing or production environment, performs the debugging of programs and systems utilizing all resources available to accomplish this task including dump analysis, data verification, language debugging, etc.
- To ensure programs and systems are designed to meet applications requirements and also ensure ease of future enhancements and maintenance, provides program documentation according to installation standards.
- Designs, codes, and create test procedures.
- Develop and evaluate proposed design solutions and determine feasibility and practicality in user environment and assist users in establishing system acceptance criteria.
- Inform Senior Project staff of any delays in program and system development or testing allocated.
- Ensure that all assigned tasks are completed within the time scales required under normal development conditions.
- Stay abreast of new technology and make recommendations as to the application of the technology in the application environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in MIS, Computer Science or other related education, or work experience equivalent.
- 10+ years Web/Object Oriented programming experience
- Vast experience in system integration using various methodologies