8 - 10 years experience • Insurance
Auburn Hills, MI
Responsibilities of the Applications Consultant
Serves as a team leader/senior technical team member in the planning, designing, developing, implementing, and/or supporting complex to moderately complex new or revised processes, systems, or networks. Acts as an acknowledged expert in one or more technical specialties and/or mission critical application systems, and provides leadership in design, development and application integration. Ensures functional and technical designs support customerrequirements. Develops an understanding of the our client's business strategy and competitive environment and translate and implements business strategies into technology solutions. Provides a high degree of technical and/or application expertise and design/programming leadership. Assists Security team in the development of appropriate auditcontrols and procedures to ensure the integrity and protection of company resources. Develops work plans and estimates projects and ensures that project team(s) and/or plan deliverables remain on schedule and budget.
- Experience in an insuranceenvironment or other service industry.
- Rational Unified Process (RUP) development methodology
- Joint Application Design (JAD)/Rapid Application Design (RAD) techniques
- Database modeling
- BachelorDegree in Computer Science, Information Science, Management Information Systems, Business Administration or a related field.
- 8+ years of experience with .Net development using C#, ASP.Net, Web API, MS SQL.
- Previous experience with web applications development and managing professional web sites, including server management, data modeling and integration.
- Experience developing web services and related technologies (JSON, REST, SOAP, XML).
- Native or Xamarin mobile application development in iOS and/or Android.
- Experience working with and programming in a Content Management Systems.
- Solid understanding of OOP and N-Tier architecture.
- Knowledge and experience with SDLC methodologies.
Works in a temperature controlled office environment.
Qualifications of the Applications Consultant
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field or an equivalent level of work experience.
- Designing, developing, implementing, or supporting complex to moderately complex information systems
- Building or supporting mainframe or distributed systems
- Identifying, analyzing and resolving complex business/technical problems
- Technology assessment, recommendations and selection
- Providing technical consultation/leadership to project teams
- Staffing, coordinating/leading a large project team or a variety of small project teams
- Budgeting and expense control
- Mainframe, distributed, and/or Web-based system design and development
- Database management systems (e.g.,IMS,DB, Oracle, DB2, SQL Server)
- PC fundamental software tools (e.g. MS Office)
- Programming languages (e.g., COBOL, JAVA, HTML, XML, C++)
- Database design
- Project management tools and techniques
- Multi-platform capabilities
- User interaction
- HTML and web development tools
- System development tools (e.g. Endevor, IMS Expert, Xpediter, SQA Team Test, Eclipse)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Relational database concepts
- Use cases, object oriented design and programming techniques
- Systems operation practices
- Security and control procedures
- Web server, and ip-level distributed technologies
- Evaluation of a complex system and understand the inter-dependencies between components
Compensation for the Applications Consultant
- ?Salary for the Applications Consultant $85,000 - $115,000
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Regular
More information about the job
Are you open to sponsorship? No
Is there a possibility to work remote? No
Is there equity? No
Are there flexible work hours? No
Does this position have direct reports? No
Who does this position report to?
- This position will report to the .NET Manager.
What are the 3-4 non-negotiable requirements on this position?
- 8+ years of .NETExperience
- Experience and Knowledge with C#, ASP.net (to include Web Forms and MVC) and SQL
- Server Communication and Analytical skills
What are the nice-to-have skills?
mobile application developmentexperience
What is exciting about this opportunity?
This opportunity is within a small team of developers, this individual will have the opportunity to work in all different areas of development within .NET. They will also have the opportunity to work with Team leads in different business units to our COO on projects.