We’re the obstacle overcomers, the problem get-arounders. From figuring it out to getting it done… our innovative culture demands “yes and how!” We are UPS. We are the United Problem Solvers.
About Architecture and Infrastructure at UPS Technology:
Our Architects look at the overall company goals and use their technical skills and strategic thinking to build the strategies that allow these goals to become a reality. If you join our team, you will be involved with developing these strategic plans while also setting standards and developing roadmaps for the future state of our enterprise architecture. We have the business savvy paired with the technical know-how to ensure we continue our innovative and competitive culture.
About this role:
The Applications Architect influences the development and implementation of Information Technology (I.T.) strategy, initiatives, and governing policies. He/She assembles detailed reviews of the enterprise and documents capabilities and conceives approaches to aligning technical solutions with business needs. This position assists in defining the direction for projects and solution architecture. The Applications Architect supports I.S. leadership by planning and championing the execution of broad initiatives aimed at delivering value to internal and external stakeholders. He/She leverages data, technical, and business knowledge to drive the development of capability frameworks at portfolio and enterprise levels. This position is involved throughout the project life cycle with emphasis on the initiation, feasibility, and analysis phases.
The Application Architect is needed to drive solution architecture for new and existing projects. The architect will provide technical guidance and direction to development teams. Provides input to Architecture Strategy and Initiatives; provides Leadership for Technical Initiative; guides Application Architecture and Systems Design; provides guidance for Architecture Solutions; demonstrates Discretion and Independent Judgment.
- Application and Integration Architecture – Expert
- Object Oriented Analysis & Design - Expert
- Distributed Application Design – Expert
- Internet Development Architecture & Design - Expert
- Strong Software Development Background/Experience - Expert
- Strong Understanding/Application of Design Patterns – Expert
- Cloud Native Design and Microservices – Advanced
- C# .NET – Advanced
- J2EE Development – Advanced
- SQL & PL/SQL – Advanced
- NoSQL Databases – Advanced
- Message Oriented Middleware (Fuse/AMQ/JMS) – Advanced
- Android Platform Development - Intermediate
- Bachelors’ and/or Masters’ degrees in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience.
- Attention to Detail - Advanced
- Effective Communication - Advanced
- Leadership Skills - Advanced