The Applications Architect – EpicCare Link independently provides specific systems consulting, systems analysis, and overall leadership related to the acquisition and use of complex, enterprise computing systems throughout MHS entities. Applies in-depth knowledge of Epic applications to ensure effective and optimal use of current applications, incorporating refinements in applications based on organizational changes or process improvements, and in collaboration with Application Managers and Directors identifies and selects new system solutions.
The Applications Architect – EpicCare Link participates in and/or manages all phases of large and small Epic Link projects, and is accountable for the success of those projects, repairs, process improvements, and overall benefits realization. This individual is also responsible for ensuring that the supported systems, including hardware, software and databases are compatible with, and supportive of, the overall information needs of MHS and its affiliates. May train junior level personnel in technical complexities of assigned work.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities of the Job
- Implement new EpicCare Link functionality and/or modify existing build to support growing business needs including ACO, DTE and other business ventures. Modify and optimize existing build to support managed care business.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in EpicCare Link and related applications
- Participate in new portal related projects from a testing, documenting and support hand-off perspective.
- Serve as an application subject matter expert for various application analysts for both the inpatient and ambulatory applications as well as enterprise applications.
- Sustain integrity of integration systems through application updates and upgrades. Review release notes, determine impact to downstream systems, make necessary configuration changes and perform integrated testing.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent architecture and technical support documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Conduct research into emerging technologies and trends, standards, and products as required.
- Present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and may supervise assignments.
- Recommend changes in procedures, and review progress with management.
- Operate with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
- Undertake ad-hoc assignments as required to react quickly and positively to new or emergent situations.
- Requires 5 to 8 years of healthcare application experience
- Requires 3 to 5 years’ experience with Epic Link products (EpicCare Link, PlanLink and/or Healthy Planet Link
- In-depth understanding of key business applications and related information technologies
- High energy levels and tolerance for tight deadlines and time pressures
- 5 to 7 years’ experience as a Sr. Applications Specialist, Sr. Technical Specialist, or similar experience
- Proven analytical, logical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- High-level project management experience
- Good communications skills, both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of PCs, collaborative computing tools, re-engineering and process improvement techniques, information management in healthcare, general information architectures and technology, systems integration, laws, and regulations relevant to assigned applications
- Clinical experience
- Familiarity with multiple EpicCare Link products (EpicCare Link, PlanLink and HealthyPlanet Link) preferred
- Familiarity with Epic Ambulatory, Tapestry or HealthyPlanet applications
Education & Certification
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Computer Science or Information Systems, Healthcare Informatics, and/or licensed healthcare professional desirable
- Current Epic Certification in EpicCare Link preferred