BleacherReport Live, a new live sports video streaming service, is seeking an Applications Architect who has full-stack architecture experience in modern web based technologies, including ecommerce and video streaming. While Turner is a large company, we are invested in practicing Agile with a startup mentality, which allows for us to work with the latest leading-edge technologies and cloud-based platforms. This is an amazing opportunity for a skilled Applications Architect who wants to experience a career with a collaborative team that is spearheading innovation with all of the amazing benefits offered by a 2017 LinkedIn Top Company. Our environment is unique. Teamwork and a strong desire to learn new technologies are everyday requirements to succeed. Agile is a way of life and you'll have the full support of our entire group to bring new and innovative ideas and methodologies to improve our products and processes.
Projects include developing and scaling APIs, cloud automation, ecommerce, streaming video, and live scoring - all within rigorous scale, availability, and ISO standards. The primary technology stack is MEAN (MongoDB, Express, Angular, Node.js) on AWS.
- Architect strategies for scaled web publishing systems, APIs, and client applications for BleacherReport Live.
- Develop and support highly scalable APIs which drive B/R Live applications.
- Architect and implement solutions for automation (cloud infrastructure deployment, CI/CD, etc.)
- Apply metrics and monitoring to production systems to ensure SLA objectives are met.
- Mentor developers on technical issues, including modern web development best-practices, web performance optimization, site reliability engineering, and caching strategies.
- Participate in the analysis, definition, and scoping of efficient, cost effective application solutions and architecture.
- Work with other internal technical teams to integrate B/R Live services with existing technologies.
- Research new technology; provide analysis of technology impact and performance metrics; guide implementation of new technologies.
- Provide on-call support as needed.
- 8-10 years experience developing high-volume dynamic web applications on Unix/Linux.
- 7+ years Cloud experience, preferably using Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Cloud deployment automation experience using CloudFormation or Terraform.
- Experience deploying web applications into containers (Docker, ECS). - Database operations experience with no-SQL data stores, preferably MongoDB.
- Experience with monitoring, analysis, and alerting tools such as Datadog, New Relic, Nagios
- Caching layer technologies (Elasticache / Memcached, Redis) and CDN services such as Akamai or CloudFront
- Ability to analyze and troubleshoot complex problems and provide solutions to developers.
- Deep understanding of performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience solving the challenges of scale engineering for large integrated systems.
- Familiarity with scaling issues of synchronous and asynchronous processes and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize network management and analysis tools.
- Experience with search/analytics engines such as Elasticsearch
- Analytical and critical thinking skills, as well as strong attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think outside of the box for solutions to new and ongoing issues
- Experience operating a high-traffic website with advanced caching technologies.
- Previous leadership experience in a web application or development environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or 8+ years of equivalent level experience.
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- Access to wellbeing tools, resources, and freebies
- 2017 Best Company for WorkingMothers
- An in-houselearning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands
Job ID 164827BR