The Application Analyst performs expert level support and configuration of assigned applications and specialized systems within an academic research environment. The Application Analyst works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance operational efficiencies, and works efficiently according to project plans to accomplish goals with defined parameters. Responsibilities may include creating custom solutions or advanced configurationoptions to solve operational or workflow issues. The Application Analyst will take a lead role to troubleshoot issues and problems with related IT teams and vendors, and conduct appropriate change management. The Application Analyst III is charged with ensuring the services provided contribute to the successful accomplishment of the mission of the department supported. The Application Analyst applies skills in line with TMHS values and goals, to assure the efficient, effective and consistent delivery of high quality IT services.
PATIENT AGE GROUP SERVED
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately prepares written business correspondence that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective and professional.
- Clearly articulate ideas and thoughts through written and verbal communications.
- Establishes effective working relationship with clients.
- Leads and facilitates meetings as well as develops meeting objectives, agendas and action items.
- Shares acquired skills with team members through documentation and training.
- Debug, program and test computer systems and applications.
- Support and install hardware and software applications, including on call support
- Proposes solutions to problems and considers timeliness, effectiveness, and practicality in addressing client needs.
- Works with customers at all levels in the organization to enhance their understanding of available tools to enhance their understanding of available to tools to promote operational efficiencies.
- Adheres to system, division and department policies, procedures, guidelines and standards.
- Provide technical support for Applications and services Assigned
- Creates custom solutions or advanced configuration options to solve operational or workflow issues.
- Consistently leads medium to large scale projects, including budgets, as defined by the Houston Methodist IT PMO.
- Establishes responsible deadlines and personal work plans and manages time effectively.
- Accurately completes and submits status reports in a timely manner
- Prioritizes issue resolution, work requests and tasks effectively.
- May have some budgetary responsibilities
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve and generate innovative solutions in conjunction with customers, vendors, and Information Technology
- Anticipates client needs before they arise and communicates them to Team Lead or Manager for solution development
- Resolves problems of moderate to advanced complexity using strong analytical and logic skills.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Programming, Business Administration, or an equivalent field or formal education in related field with professional certifications.
5+ years of experience in IT required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
None, if have a Bachelor's degree
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
- Ability to effectively communicate with physicians, researchers and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
- Understands business processes and requirements as related to the research environment.
- Experience in supporting large scale software systems
- Experience in system administration of database and operating systems including Windows, Linux, Oracle, SQL
- Expert technical skills to support multiple healthcare or research applications
- Experience consulting with users to evaluate requirements, recommend and implement technical solutions of varying complexity
- Experience working with desktop, server, network and security teams to implement solutions
- Demonstrated project management skills.