JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Provides technical direction and support in developing business systems software and procedures; Responsible for analysis, design, programming, and implementation of complex programming projects involving a sizable group of users by performing the following duties. This job may be a specialist in one (or more) of three areas. Please see the “Specialties” section for specifics.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans and conducts analyses of complex and unique business systems projects.
- Devises new sources of data and develops new approaches and techniques for use by others.
- Conducts reviews of computer technology developments applicable to systems design and prepares long range forecasts.
- Studies broad areas of work processes that cut across organizational information systems.
- Acts as an internal consultant providing technical guidance on business systems projects.
- Determines and resolves problems with other systems analysts, programmers, and systems users.
- Maintains, develops, modifies and documents programs according to general specifications and guidelines.
- Provides guidance to lower-level programmers and systems specialists
- Trains entry level coworkers in programming and program coding.
- Consults with internal clients to analyze and understand functions to be automated, client needs, objectives, desired features and input and output requirements.
- Analyzes, defines, and documents system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, and controls and outputs.
- Researches and evaluates software and hardware to assist in programming or to use as program platforms.
- Consults with internal client to prototype, refine, test and debug programs to attain client approval.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- POSITION SPECIALTIIES:
- A. Web Specialist
- .Net, SharePoint, HTML, java script, VB script
- Ability to create and modify graphics in Photoshop
- Fundamental PC knowledge and navigation
- Visual Basic a plus
- Argo a plus
- Crystal a plus
- asp.net and J# and C# a plus
- Knowledge of relational databases using SQL language and ODBC connectivity a plus
- B. Core Banking Systems Specialist
- Fidelity Banking Applications a plus
- API and RPI a plus
- CICS Cobol a plus
- Assembler a plus
- C. Electronic Delivery Specialist
- Server a plus
- Tandem a plus.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree and at least five years programming experience and a developed expertise in a particular area or function of programming; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Knowledge of Accounting software, Database software, Design software, Development software, Human Resource systems, Internet software, Payroll systems, Project Management software, Spreadsheet software, and Word Processing software.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook email program
- Ability to code in COBOL and Easytrieve computer languages
- Ability to use spreadsheet software, word processing software, email systems and network systems
- Ability to code IBM MVS JCL