Application Analyst, Pharmacist
- The department ofInformation Technology and Services is recruiting a Clinical Systems Applications Analyst Pharmacist.
- This position will be a key ITS contact for Oncology departments within the Health System relative to computer applications that support those areas (Epic Beacon).
- The Clinical Systems Applications Analyst Pharmacist will be part of a team of applications analysts and developers providing excellent customer service and support for Epic Beacon users.
- Join a vibrant and growing ITS team that enjoys innovating with technology and working with our stakeholders and colleagues to assure seamless support for our customers.
- Each employee at the Medical Center has a critical role in delivering the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how he or she contributes to the health system's vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families.
- The Application Analyst I exemplifies the Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center (WFBMC) Values and Code of Conduct, while striving to identify and mitigate compliance risk through department led risk assessments, system monitoring, and periodic audits, and reporting any identified violation to Legal Services and Corporate Compliance Departments.
- Full alignment with the vision, mission and values of the WFBMC organization are expected in every aspect of this job.
- Ensures immediate action is taken on any issues identified through a self-assessment or by Legal Services or Corporate Compliance; that policies are developed or revised as necessary; and that efforts are made to ensure a positive and compliant work environment for all employees.
- The Application Analyst, Pharmacist is responsible for understanding in-depth department workflows and partners with customers to translate the changing clinical or business needs into system configurations.
- The Application Analyst, Pharmacist is vital in the configuration, testing and implementation of software upgrades.
- The Application Analyst, Pharmacist partners with the application team while working collaboratively with our customers to bring cutting edge technology to the department and ensuring that our customers are satisfied.
- The Application Analyst, Pharmacist will work closely with the Manager and Senior Analyst and/or Technical Lead in the coordination of new projects from development to successful implementation.
- This role will interface with all areas of Information Technology and Services and will ensure that their team interfaces with all other ITS teams to keep our customer and our patients as our number one focus.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Pharmacy with a B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D. Degree is required.
- Three years experience in hospital pharmacy is required.
- Experience with Epic and/or pharmacy technology/information systems is preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Willow and other Epic modules is preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
- Active registration with the North Carolina Board of Pharmacy is required.
- Epic certification or achievement of applicable system training/proficiency within 6 months.
- Performs in-depth analysis of workflow and business operations working closely with the Applications team and end-users from the operational departments impacted by the system(s). Understands how work flow decisions translate to application configurations.
- Collects, interprets, and documents specifications required to develop new or revise existing functionality.
- Achieves in-depth knowledge of software to serve as a bridge between end users and vendor implementation and support staff.
- When necessary due to project, participates in regular day-to-day communication with vendor's implementation team reviewing the software, analyzing business operations, and working with end user and vendor to tailor system to the organization.
- Uses pharmacy clinical knowledge to validate medication record build and any associated settings for protocol, orderset, therapy plan or treatment plan build.
- Prioritizes and implements changes requested for the system. Coordinates software updates and changes with users, and thoroughly review and tests each new release.
- Assists in developing and implementing business strategies in departments to improve operational processing and productivity.
- Take a primary lead role in build or build-related functions.
- Records time spent on projects to meet documentation requirements.
- Aids trainers when needed.
- Applies project management ideology to develop, manage and execute project plans. Defines and maintains project plan and schedules; Monitors compliance with definitions of project scope, timelines, and deliverables; Provides regular project status reports to customer and internal management.
- Responds to vendor's technical questions
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Knowledge of physician practice/healthcare professional services, billing requirements, hospital administration and/or processes
- Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses and other professional staff when discussing drugs and drug related problems.
- Knowledge of technical aspects on all phases of application systems analysis, workflow analysis, build, design, testing, interface knowledge and programming activities
- Knowledge of the inpatient environment and clinic based operations, procedures/functions and the relationships between them and the hospital
- Ability to analyze complex system configuration
- Ability to interact effectively with department stakeholders, project team members and vendors
- Ability to understand the integration of applications and their impact on business processes and operations
- Displays a functional knowledge and skill set for Epic system build/trouble shooting
- Demonstrates innovative forward thinking, able to meet project deadlines, delivers to commitments, possess high level of energy and professional acumen, and be client service oriented. Must be highly self-motivated, self-directed and able to work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, listening, and verbal and written communication skills are required
- Open to change; acts with high ethical standards; and focused on excellent customer service
- Exhibits a dedication to quality, reliability and resourcefulness
- Clean, indoor office setting
- May be exposed to patient elements
- Fast paced with long hours as needed based on business requirements
- Handles multiple or competing priorities
- Pressure due to multiple demands and tight timelines
- Subject to fast paced work setting with competing priorities
- Handles emergency or crisis situations
- Occasionally subjected to irregular hours or hours extending beyond typical 8-5 p.m. work schedule
- Some travelrequired
Job ID: 25185