How have YOU impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
The Applications Analyst IV gathers business requirements, conducts needs assessments, and develops functional specifications and build to ensure that developed information technology solutions support business objectives. This level works independently and acts as a resource for lower level Application Analysts.
A day in the life of an Applications Analyst IV at Hackensack Meridian Health includes:
- Ability to effectively share knowledge with and mentor lower level Application Analysts.
- Takes positions of leadership when installing/upgrading new/existing applications and components, configuring application settings and validating work performed by lower level Application Analysts.
- Takes lead in the coordination of end user support activities.
- Attends, participates in, contributes to, coordinates and runs meetings throughout the facility.
- Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping client move towards optimal solution.
- Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Creates system specifications from user requirements.
- Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews lower level Application Analysts test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
- Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
- Handles the most complex issues.
- Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvements.
- Provides on-call support for applications.
- Provide input into policy and procedure redesign.
- Function as a preceptor for new staff in the department.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent years of experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of IT experience preferably in healthcare or related field OR 3 Years of IT experience and 2 years of clinical experience.
- Possesses expert knowledge of subject matter.
- Ability to organize and coordinate the actions of small groups to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
- Works independently and effectively manages time unsupervised.
- Strong desktop skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Creates and maintains clear, concise documentation.
- Collaborates with other team members across the department.
- Demonstrates self-direction.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Bachelors degree.
- Anatomic Pathology AND Clinical Pathology (AP & CP)Data Innovations device integration experience desired
- Sunquest blood bank experience helpful
Licenses and Certifications Required:
- Epic Beaker certification required
Licenses and Certifications Preferred:
- Epic Certification. (Epic and/or other relevant certification(s) or where applicable, other relevant applications experience)
Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is a Mandatory COVID-19 and Influenza Vaccination Facility
As a courtesy to assist you in your job search, we would like to send your resume to other areas of our Hackensack Meridian Health network who may have current openings that fit your skills and experience.