How have you impacted someone's life today? At Hackensack Meridian Health our teams are focused on changing the lives of our patients by providing the highest level of care each and every day. From our hospitals, rehab centers and occupational health teams to our long-term care centers and at-home care capabilities, our complete spectrum of services will allow you to apply your skills in multiple settings while building your career, all within New Jersey's premier healthcare system.
Fostering a culture of excellence within a collaborative environment, Hackensack Meridian Health (HMH) is seeking talented professionals to implement and support innovative solutions & technologies. Our Information Technology team enables HMH to meet the changing demands of the healthcare marketplace by providing creative, high quality, efficient and effective solutions. Come join our winning IT team that has been ranked as #1 Best Hospital IT Department for the past three years by Health IT News and recognized for the past 16 years by Health & Hospital Network magazines 100 Most Wired Health Systems. Meridian Health is proud to be recognized every year in Fortune Magazines 100 Companies to Work For since 2009. Join us as we embark on the exciting implementation of Epic across our integrated health system. The analyst actively supports activities that serve to optimize the performance of Epic applications and technology in a way that best serves the needs of HMH. The analyst works closely with other technology professionals and end-users to clearly meet project expectations.
- Ability to effectively share knowledge with and mentor lower level Application Analysts.
- Takes positions of leadership when installing/upgrading new/existing applications and components, configuring application settings and validating work performed by lower level Application Analysts.
- Takes lead in the coordination of end user support activities.
- Attends, participates in, contributes to, coordinates and runs meetings throughout the facility.
- Provides go-live support for users on new applications, modules, and functionality.
- Oversees and/or performs analysis of necessary application modifications and works with IT associates and/or the vendor to coordinate the modification.
- Analyzes business/clinical needs and requirements.
- Interprets end user requirements by fully discussing potential options and helping client move towards optimal solution.
- Evaluates the operational workflow that is applied to the system.
- Creates system specifications from user requirements.
- Creates test plans and tests new systems, version upgrades, and any system modifications.
- Documents all outcomes of testing. Reviews lower level Application Analysts test plans and documented outcomes for consistency and thoroughness.
- Responsible for application implementation, troubleshooting, and support.
- Presents oral and written communications to project teams and other departments.
- Handles the most complex issues.
- Updates system, operational, and department documentation.
- Recommends areas for process improvements.
- Provides on-call support for applications.
- Provide input into policy and procedure redesign.
- Function as a preceptor for new staff in the department.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- Lifts a minimum of 20 lbs., pushes and pulls a minimum of 20 lbs. and stands a minimum of 4 hours a day.
- Adheres to the Medical Centers Organizational Competencies and Standards of Behavior.
Interested individuals must have strong intellectual capability, maturity and judgment, as demonstrated by their academic performance, professional experience, and other demonstrated achievements.
Successful candidates will meet the following qualifications:
- Must have Epic Cadence Certifications
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in Information Technology or Computer Science, from an accredited institution with strong record of academic achievement.
- Must have 7+ years experience desired within EMR Systems or with familiarity of physician practice operations and workflows.
- Must have demonstrated ability to lead team and project goals
- EpicCare Ambulatory certified preferred, MyChart, EpicCare Link, or Care Everywhere certified desired.
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn new concepts and job requirements quickly.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Excellent quantitative and analytic skills.
- Willingness to travel overnight for educational classes and to work non-standard and/or extended hours.
- Proficiency with programming and system building.