Below is a job description that hopefully is helpful
I. JOB SUMMARY:
The systems administrator position at Tennova is responsible for all servers and other system administration in IT. Duties include planning, obtaining customer input, and projecting resource requirements, and maintaining and operational environment. Monitors and manages progress of system implementation. Develops and maintains strong, positive working relationships with appropriate customer departments. Assures that the systems are operating, used properly, and are performing according to specifications. The individual will interact with Corporate IT, hospital, corporate office and vendors.
II. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Education & Skills:
Â· Bachelor's degree or 5 yearsâ€™ equivalent professional experience.
Â· Outstanding customer service skills.
Â· Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills.
Â· Ability to work and effectively communicate with executives, enterprise-wide and group management, peers, and outside vendors.
Â· Strong analytical and problem resolution skills, organizational skills, and ability to analyze business problems and opportunities.
Â· Strong ability to work on and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects while meeting aggressive deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
Â· Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with little supervision.
Â· 3-5 years in systems support, networking, servers and hardware is preferred
Â· Previous Healthcare experience, a plus
III. KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS AND STANDARDS
- Demonstrates successful performance of all functions of a Systems Administrator. Interacts with department directors and staff to help advise and establish hardware/software requirements.
- Informs management daily of status of all systems and work performed. Makes recommendations concerning all systems/hardware.
- Responsible for the preservation and confidentiality of all information, backups, disks and etc.
- Establishes new users on the network.
- Implements and preserves network security.
- Responsible for health and monitoring of all servers.
- Exhibits a professional appearance and behavior at all times.
- Communicates, cooperates and performs other duties as needed or required with other IT staff and members of hospital staff in a courteous and efficient manner to achieve overall goals and objectives.
- Adheres to safety regulations and maintains a safe, organized environment at all times.
- Maintains strict confidentiality of all patient information.
- Understanding of current hardware systems to include virtual environments
- 3 - 5 years working full-time in the IT field administering Windows Servers.
- Firm understanding of Microsoft based networks and Microsoft operating systems
- General understanding of other operating systems such as Linux and Unix
- Understanding of basic and advanced networking concepts (IP Addressing, routing, switching, OSI, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, protocol analysis, etc.)
- Basic storage experience (SAN, NAS, backup and recovery, etc.)
- Ability to troubleshoot a technical problem in an efficient and logical manner.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configurations.
- Administers the Active Directory domain.
- Credit, edit, and administer group polices.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards
- Promotes system security and patient confidentiality and helps ensure compliance.
- Participates with peers within the corporate communities to identify and evaluate best practices, packaging and promoting cross-region best practice efforts.
- Coordinates the sharing of best practice models, and policies & procedures related systems.
- Participates in activities to improve departmental and organizational performance.
- Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
- Adheres to a customer services focused culture.
- Participates in special projects as needed and performs other duties as assigned.
May require a bachelor's degree and 2-4 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.